Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 56 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — Folder S0675
Scope and Contents This collection contains the deed for property located in Lawrence County, Indiana, purchased from Newton and Margaret Wright by Arcas E. and Nancy E. Hollowell on November 24, 1879. Also included is the statement and seal of George Bair, Recorder of Lawrence County, certifying that the deed is a true and complete copy and is dated June 9, 1933.
Collection — Folder S0360
Scope and Contents This collection includes correspondence from the Royse family to Arinda and Michael Dinn and others in Indiana ranging from 1873 to 1888 regarding family news and daily life. There is also a receipt for payment of taxes in Columbus, Bartholomew County, Indiana on January 29, 1875 and a deed conveying land in Bartholomew County to Arinda Dinn from a court case in 1888.
Collection — Folder S0366
Scope and Contents There are four items in this collection. The oldest is a deed dated January 16, 1823 consisting of four pages on a single sheet folded in half. The deed is hand written in ink. The second item is a receipt dated October 28, 1826 for $8.74 tax paid by John Decker in Vincennes, Knox County. The third item is a newspaper dated October 21, 1843. The first part of the masthead is missing, but the second half is entitled “General Advertiser.” The most recent item is a note to pay $140 to John Decker...
Collection — Folder S2739
Scope and Contents This collection includes an 1887 abstract of title for land located in the north west quarter of the north east quarter of section 14, township 28 north, of Range number 2 east in Bethlehem Township, Cass County, Indiana. The abstract conveys information regarding ownership of the property from March 1839 to August 1887.
Collection — Folder S1929
Scope and Contents This collection includes two items regarding lot no. 7, Bucks 1st Addition, Whitestown, Indiana. The first document is a November 15, 1872 warranty deed transferring ownership of the lot from Albert and Martha A. Thayer to James Peters and later recorded with the county on February 14, 1873. The second item is a December 12, 1877 document regarding the sale of lot no. 7 to Elizabeth McKinley and signed by Philip Buck, a commissioner appointed by the Boone County Circuit Court judge to conduct...
Collection — Folder S196
Scope and Contents This collection includes original documents from the Burns family members in Ohio ranging from 1839 to 1849 regarding land deeds and receipts. There is also a deed from Montgomery County, Indiana from the Laricks family in 1848 regarding a land deed.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection — Folder S1350
Scope and Contents The warranty deed conveys property in Vigo County, Indiana, from Chauncey Rose to William P. Hickman, on March 20, 1867. Mr. Hickman paid Mr. Rose $650.00 for the land. County Recorder John B. Meyer recorded the transaction on December 23, 1868, in Record 36, page 572. On the same date, Auditor William Paddock added his name to the document.
Collection — Folder S268
Scope and Contents This document reads: Thomas A. Hendricks, Governor of the State of Indiana. To all who shall see these presents, greetings:" Based on Revised Statutes of Indiana of 1852, which is reprinted on the second page, E.N.O. Clough, having "the ability, integrity and fitness," is named commissioner of deeds in the State of Kansas. The document is signed by Thomas A. Hendrick, Governor, and John E. Neff, Secretary of State, on January 28, 1875. A state seal in red with a green circle is...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection contains several legal documents of Elias N. Shimer ranging from 1831 to 1844. The documents include Shimer's deed for the purchase of one and a half acres south of the Brookville Road from Joshua Stevens (December 24, 1831); his Marion County Justice of the Peace commission certificate signed by Governor Noah Noble (December 6, 1837); a deed between Edward White and Abraham Jones for eighty acres in Marion County (October 30, 1833), and the indenture transferring the eighty...