Scope and Contents
This collection includes a photograph album containing black-and-white photographs dated 1915 and undated. The first half of the album is dedicated to the Zion Reformed Sunday School in Marshall County, Indiana, showing Zion Reformed Church near Culver, Indiana, the people who ran the Sunday school and the students who attended it on June 13, 1915. The album includes handwritten notes about the church. The second half of the album contians snapshots from an unidentified family, including recreational shots at Mt. Simon in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, houses, and multiple generations.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library, Indianapolis, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Rare Books and Manuscripts.
Zion Reformed Church near Culver, Indiana was organized as a congregation on April 1, 1866. The church building was completed in 1872. In 1915, the church was led by Reverend A. J. Michael, who took the position in 1907, and trustees C. W. Newman, Watson Ronig, and Zina Duddleson. At that time, there were also two elders, Claude R. Newman and John Watson, and two deacons, Zina Duddleson and John Ditemire. The church operated a Sunday school, which had a primary class, junior class, two classes for teenagers, and separate classes for men and women.
0.02 Cubic Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials