Scope and Contents
This collection includes one volume from the Carlisle Presbyterian Church in Carlisle, Sullivan County, Indiana,ranging from 1819 to 1849, containing records of the church and its members, which include church organization and proceedings, membership admissions and dismissions, adult and infant baptisms, and financial records.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library, Indianapolis, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Rare Books and Manuscripts.
The Presbyterian Church in Carlisle, Sullivan County, Indiana was organized by Reverend Orrin Fowler on January 31, 1819. Besides Fowler, nine others were present on that day to recognize the start of the church: William McCrary, Mary McCrary, James Watson, Rachel Porter, Mary Gould, Lydia Silliman, Ann Broady, Mary Watson, and Martha Watson. At the time the church was constituted, William McCrary was elected and ordained to lead them by the Reverend Fowler. The church was led by Edward S. Hussey in 1849.
0.01 Cubic Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials