John G. Clark papers
Scope and Contents
- Clark, John G., 1836-1910 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Clark married Sarah Braden on December 26, 1861 and they had one son, Addison Braden Clark (1864-1917). He was a Mason, a member of the Stone River Post of the Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.), and a member of the Loyal Legion. Clark died at the age of 74 on December 28, 1910.
Information found within collection.
"Col. John G. Clark Dead." Indianapolis News (Ind.), December 29, 1910. https://www.newspapers.com.
"Death of Col. John G. Clark." Frankfort News (Ind.), December 28, 1910.
"Death of Dr. John M. Clark." Indianapolis Journal (Ind.), August 10, 1889. https://www.newspapers.com.
History of Clinton County, Indiana.. Chicago: Inter-State Publishing Company, 1886.
Ream, Donald and Lynne Ream. Clarks Hill: A Pictorial History of Clarks Hill and Its Surrounding Area. Lafayette, Ind.: D. and L. Ream, 1992. http://sites.rootsweb.com/~intcags/Welcome_to_the_pictorial_history%20of%20Clarks%20Hill%20Indiana.htm.
0.05 Cubic Feet (5 folders)
Language of Materials
- Business records
- Clark family
- Indiana -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Legal documents
- Personal narratives
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 26th (1861-1866)
- John G. Clark papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description