Noble and Davidson family papers
Scope and Contents
Correspondents include John J. Crittenden, William Henry Harrison, John James Hayden, Michael C. Kerr, Robert Dale Owen, Caleb B. Smith, Oliver H. Smith and Richard W. Thompson.
- Davidson family (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Alexander H. Davidson was an Indianapolis schoolteacher and businessman; he was also a member of the executive committee of the Indiana Constitutional Union Party in 1860. Davidson was married to Catherine Noble.
Rebecca A. Shepherd, et al., eds. A Biographical directory of the Indiana General Assembly, vol. 1. Indianapolis: Select Committee on the Centennial History of the Indiana.
0.35 Cubic Feet (1 manuscript box, 1 oversize folder)
Language of Materials
- Autograph albums
- Constitutional Union Party (U.S.)
- Crittenden, John J. (John Jordan), 1787-1863
- Davidson, Alexander H.
- Davidson, Catherine Noble
- Governors -- Indiana
- Harrison, William Henry, 1773-1841
- Hayden, John James, 1820-1901
- Indiana -- Politics and government
- Jennings, Jonathan, 1784-1834
- Kerr, Michael C. (Michael Crawford), 1827-1876
- Noble, Noah, 1794-1844
- Owen, Robert Dale, 1801-1877
- Politics and government
- Smith, Caleb B. (Caleb Blood), 1808-1864
- Smith, Oliver H. (Oliver Hampton), 1794-1859
- Thompson, Richard W. (Richard Wigginton), 1809-1900
- Noble and Davidson family papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description