William F. Jones papers
Scope and Contents
- Jones, William F., 1813-1890 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
He served in the Indiana State House of Representatives in 1846-1847. He was the Hartford City, Blackford County school commissioner and the Delaware County school trustee, 1854-64. He was the secretary of the Muncie town board in 1855, a Muncie city council member in 1873, and mayor of Muncie 1877-1879. He was a member of the Delaware County Agricultural Society, Washingtonian (temperance) Society, and directory of the Muncie city library. William F. Jones died October 27, 1890 in Muncie,Indiana.
Rebecca A. Shepherd ... [et al.], eds. A Biographical directory of the Indiana General Assembly v. 1. Indianapolis: Select Committee on the Centennial History of the Indiana.
0.3 Cubic Feet (1 manuscript box)
- Dowling, Thomas, 1806-1876
- English, William Hayden (1822-1896)
- Fort Wayne and Southern Railroad
- Harlan, Andrew Jackson, 1815-1907
- Indiana. General Assembly. House of Representatives
- Morris, Austin W.
- Muncie (Ind.)
- Politics and government
- Rockhill, William
- Smith, Oliver H. (Oliver Hampton), 1794-1859
- Taggart, Samuel, 1754-1825
- William F. Jones papers
- Description rules