Indianapolis Public Schools
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — Folder: S2056
Scope and Contents Collection S2056 is a grammar school diploma which was awarded to Florence Meikcl on Januaty 26, 1906, by School No. 9 of the Indianapolis Public Schools. The diploma is signed by Laura B. Alexander, teacher, and Georgia Alexandre, Supervising Principal. The diploma displays two ribbons (a blue Iibbon and a gold), the seal of the state of Indiana, and another seal proclaiming: "Common Schools, The Hope of Our Country [Indiana]."
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection includes photographs relating to kindergartens in Indianapolis, Mishawaka, Richmond, and Terre Haute, Indiana ranging from circa 1900 to 1925 regarding school children, some of whom were immigrants, teachers, classrooms, school activities, and buildings.
Dates: circa 1900-1925
Scope and Contents This collection contains transcripts of oral history interviews with residents of Irvington, once a town in Marion County, and now a neighborhood in Indianapolis, Indiana, ranging from 1978 to 1987. The interviews were conducted primarily by Lois Leamon and others for Indianapolis Public Library, Hilton U. Brown Branch's Irvington Oral History Project. The transcripts include historical information about the town-cum-neighborhood and the people who lived there.
File — Folder: S0097
Scope and Contents This collection includes the dedication program for the Education Center of the Indianapolis Public Schools in Indianapolis, Indiana on May 20, 1967.
Scope and Contents This collection contains the meeting minutes, publications, by-laws, and annual reports for the Marion County Coordinators of Integrated Education and the Community Desegregation Advisory Council in Indianapolis, Indiana ranging from 1971 to 1999. It also includes newspaper clippings, court cases involving desegregation, and videotapes involving "African Centered Education."