Studebaker Brothers Manufacturing Co.
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — Folder: S3144
Scope and Contents This collection includes advertising cards, tickets, brochures and other ephemeral items from merchants and event planners in Indiana, Kansas, Michigan and Missouri, ranging from 1887 to 1976 regarding advertising for products and services as well as special events.
Scope and Contents The collection contains Civil War letters (1861–1865), business and legal documents relating to Kosciusko County (1836–1849), St. Joseph County (1847–1916), and other counties. Also included are the correspondence of Alexander Grant of Cass County, Michigan (1871–1875), the Bidwell family of Niles, Michigan and Brownsville, Texas (1937–1940), and the Ackerman family of Niles (1940–1947). There are also documents relating to the Studebaker Company of South Bend, St. Joseph County, Indiana...
Item — Folder: S1270
Scope and Contents This typed letter is on Studebaker Brothers Manufacturing Company letterhead with two black and white etchings at the top. The small picture shows the First Studebaker Shop, dated 1850. The larger picture has a caption, thus: "Studebaker Vehicle Works, South Bend, Ind., U.S.A., Largest in the World Covering 101 Acres." The upper left corner lists: J. M. Studebaker, president; George M. Studebaker, vice president; Clement Studebaker, Jr., treasurer; and J. M. Studebaker, Jr., secretary. The nine...
Collection — Folder: S1925
Scope and Contents This collection includes a January 9, 1900 letter sent by the Studebaker Brothers Manufacturing Company's New York City office to Mr. J. H. Worman of 239 Fifth Avenue regarding an unpaid statement. The collection also includes a May 14, 1906 letter sent to the McMurray Sulky Company of Marion, Ohio by Joe H. Burns of the Burns and Hancock Fire Brick Company of Montezuma, Indiana that offered a testimonial for the fine workmanship of the McMurray No. 14 "Star Pointer" Runabout wagon.