Church history -- Indiana
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 93 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — Folder S2075
Scope and Contents This collection contains photostat copies of four pages from the record book of the First Christian Church, Disciples of Christ of Frankfort, Indiana, including a March 22, 1868 entry regarding the establishment of the church and a listing of members, an October 4, 1888 entry regarding the establishment of an "Official Board" for the church, and the entry of the October 8, 1888 board meeting minutes regarding church building improvements. The collection also includes a copy of an October 9,...
Dates: 1868-1888; 1961
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection includes two typewritten transcriptions of the first record book of the First Christian Church of Salem, Indiana and they include the church minutes and membership documentation from 1842 to 1853, the church membership list from 1885, and an index. The first copy was typed in 1959 by Mrs. James G. Berkey and the Christopher Harrison Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution contributed it, presumably to the church, in 1960. The second copy was typed by the Washington...
Dates: 1842-1885; 1959-1966
Collection — Folder S2358
Scope and Contents This collection includes a copy of the typewritten manuscript "Goshen, Indiana Methodist Episcopal Church History" by Charles W. Foulks. Dated February 5, 1933 and written for the church's centenary celebration, the twenty-six page document provides a general history of Methodism in Elkhart County preceding the establishment of a church building, reviews the structures occupied by the church, and recounts significant moments in the church's history, such as its hosting the North Indiana...
Scope and Contents This collection includes documents pertaining to benevolences, budgets, conferences, the 1959 general assembly, the committee on better facilities, and Dr. Frantz's 25th anniversary celebration in 1951.
Collection — Folder S2746
Scope and Contents This collection contains two photostat copies of the history of the First Presbyterian Church of Mt. Vernon, Indiana compiled by Jennie L. Wade, William Ruminer, C.H. Fullinwider, Otto C. Klein, and Lena Evertson and written circa 1937. The history includes information regarding the early ministers of the church; the names of charter members of the Young Ladies' Society, the Young People's Christian Endeavor society, the Dorcas Circle, and the Martha Hunter Guild; descriptions of the...
Dates: circa 1937-1938
Collection — Folder S2744
Scope and Contents This collection includes photostat transcriptions of meeting minutes from the first record book of the First Presbyterian Church of Rockport. Included are records of congregation (members, deacons, elders and ministers) for the years of 1850-1941.
Dates: circa 1850-1941
Collection — Folder S2286
Scope and Contents This collection contains the record book of the Flat Rock Circuit, Methodist Protestant Church of Indiana. The record book begins with the first quarterly conference at Milroy in October 1848. Beginning in November 1853, the quarterly conference minutes were recorded as the Friendship Circuit, then changed to the Friendship Mission with the January 1855 minutes. In October 1856, the meeting minutes are again recorded as the Friendship Circuit, then change to the Morristown Circuit in October...
Collection — Folder S1663
Scope and Contents This collection has several items related to Fountain County, Indiana, including an August 17, 1925 handwritten letter sent by Karl Van Devanter of Veedersburg to Kate Milner Rabb at the Indianapolis Star regarding the preservation of the old state road that was used by pioneers from Cincinnati and other eastern points to travel to the Fountain County; two letters from September 1925 that were sent to Rabb from J. Wesley Whicker of Attica in response to the...
Collection — Folder S2723
Scope and Contents This collection includes a register from Friendship Chapel Methodist Protestant Church in Rush County, Indiana ranging from 1841-1889 regarding church history.
Collection — Folder S1318
Scope and Contents Two booklets in this collection were published by the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Gaston, Indiana. The first is a souvenir program published for the February 21, 1904 dedication of their third building. It includes etchings and photographs of people as well as local business advertisements. The second booklet is the annual financial report for the year ending April 3, 1911. Reverend George H. Redding was pastor. The report lists names of subscribers with the amount pledged...
Dates: 1904 and 1911