Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 23
Collection — Folder: S745
Scope and Contents This collection includes an autographed, signed letter from Dulcina M. Jordan in Richmond, Indiana on 1893/05/25 regarding literary criticism, poetry and personal matters.
Collection — Folder: S1433
Scope and Contents This two-page, typed manuscript was written by Elias Kizer in Indiana on June 9, 1866, the year before he died. He recounted his early life in a log cabin in Indiana and the hardships he endured. He stated that the hardest times were when the children were small. He raised flax for his wife to spin and weave in order to make their clothing. They did not have much time to go to church, because he went hunting on Sunday. Elias wrote: "with all those hardships we kept in good spirits."
Collection — Folder: S1297
Scope and Contents This collection comprises a letter from Erastus Test in Indiana to Ada Baldwin on July 26, 1856, mentioning how she had been missed in grammar class and other news about school.
Collection — Folder: S1290
Scope and Contents This collection comprises a transcription of an account book from Gibson Teas in Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana rainging from 1853 to 1856, regarding the activities and correspondence of his business of broom and wood tool manufacturing. The account book was transcribed by R. A. Stubbs of Long Lake, Minnesota.
Collection — Folder: S3340
Scope and Contents There is one item in this collection, a 48-page booklet entitled "Souvenir, Ruby Jubilee, 1908-1948, Gonzaga Council No. 612, Young Men's Institute of St. Andrew Church, Richmond, Indiana, St. Andrew Parish Directory." The first eleven pages give a history of the men's club with a chronology of significant events. Pages 13-43 list members in order by street names. From pages 43 through 45, members by Richmond rural routes are given. Members of the parish who live in other towns are recorded on...
Scope and Contents The collection consists of 75 letters written by Harold Wilson Scott to his parents during World War I describing where he is stationed in Europe, his duties, and plans for work following discharge as well as other aspects of military life during the Great War. Also included are photographs, postcards, two World War I helmets, a German gas mask, military spurs and belt. Items in collection range in date from 1917 to 1931.
Collection — Folder: S1241
Scope and Contents This collection comprises 63 typed pages of the diary of Henry W. Starr, written in 1850, which details Starr's experiences travelling across country to join the Calilfornia Gold Rush. His entries include his observations of animals, terrain, camps, weather, food, and people.
Collection — Folder: S1548
Scope and Contents Three hotel advertising cards are mounted on cardboard, three-hole-punched page, of which there are eleven. All of the cards have drawings of the hotel which is advertised. Most of the cards are 2 1/2" high and 6" wide. The oldest one is 1894 (St. Nicholas Hotel, Decatur, Ill.) and the newest are 1917 (The Samer, Salina, Kansas, and The Lee-Huckins Hotel, Oklahoma City, Okla.). The three cards on the first page are: Union Hotel, Port Huron, Mich., November 19, 1903; Hotel Conner, Harpers...
Collection — Folder: S435
Scope and Contents This collection includes an autographed, signed letter from H.C. Estes in Richmond, Indiana on 1848/07/23 regarding family matters.
Scope and Contents Items in this collection consist largely of photocopies of original articles, catalogs, and photographs used in the research, creation, and exhibiting of the "Wooton Patent Desks: A Place for Everything and Everything in Its Place" exhibit at the Indiana State Museum. Included are articles, advertisements, catalogs, and other historical information regarding the Wooton Desk Company and other contemporary furniture makers in Indiana. There is background information on William S. Wooton, the...
- Subject: Richmond (Ind.) X
- American Friends Service Committee (Richmond, Ind.) 1
- Beeson, Benjamin Branson, 1843-1902 1
- Beeson, Isaac W., 1789-1871 1
- Beveridge, Albert J. (Albert Jeremiah), 1862-1927 1
- Browne, Thomas M. 1
- Burr, Aaron 1
- Camp Sherman (Ohio) 1
- Camp Taylor (Ky.) 1
- Case, Charles 1
- Chase Piano Company 1
- Conkling, Roscoe, 1829-1888 1
- Estes, Lewis A. 1
- Fish, Hamilton 1
- Fort Benjamin Harrison (Ind.) 1
- Foulke, William Dudley 1
- Garfield, James A. (James Abram), 1831-1881 1
- Gennett Record Company 1
- Gompers, Samuel 1
- Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson) 1822-1885 1
- Hayes Arboretum (Richmond, Ind.) 1
- Indiana State Museum 1
- Indiana University 1
- Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce 1
- Jackson, Zuinglious 1
- Jaycees of Richmond (Richmond, Ind.) 1
- Jenkinson, Isaac 1
- Jordan, Dulcina M. 1
- Kizer, Elias, 1800-1868 1
- Knights of Columbus (Ind.) 1
- McGraw, John S. 1
- Mooney, James 1
- Morton, Oliver P. (Oliver Perry) 1
- Peltz, John E. 1
- Richmond Art Association (Richmond, Ind.) 1
- Richmond Civic Theatre (Richmond, Ind.) 1
- Richmond Parks Club (Richmond, Ind.) 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Scott, Harold Wilson 1
- Seaton, James A. 1
- Smelser, Lizzie, 1846-1898 1
- Smithson College (Logansport, Ind.) 1
- St. Andrew Church (Richmond, Ind.) 1
- Starr Piano Company (Richmond, Ind.) 1
- Starr, Henry W. 1
- Starr, James 1
- Swaine, Stephen, 1795-1872 1
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 1
- Tax Research Bureau of the Richmond Board of Realtors (Richmond, Ind.) 1
- Teas, Gibson 1
- Test, Erastus 1
- Trayser Piano Company 1
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Regiment, 150th 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 57th (1861-1865) 1
- Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 1
- Woodburn, James A. 1
- Wooton Desk Company 1
- Wooton, William S., 1835-1907 1
- Yeo, Jonas W., 1838-1879 1 ∧ less