Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 27
Collection — Folder: S0791
Scope and Contents This collection includes photocopies of an essay about William Bratton, a member of the Lewis & Clark Expedition and later resident of Waynetown, Indiana, written by his great-granddaughter, Maud Bratton Chesterson, and read at the Daughters of 1812 meeting at Indianapolis, Indiana on April 12, 1931. The research for Mrs. Chesterson's article was done by Anna Kruger and the collection contains photocopies of Anna's essay on William Bratton (ca. 1930s) as well as her essay on the history of...
Collection — Folder: S023
Scope and Contents This collection includes a photocopy of a typed document entitled "Tales of a Wayside Tavern: A Few Yarns Spun by Bige Hatfield” written by Carl Anderson in Spencer, Owen County, Indiana, undated, regarding the Lewis House inn and the stories told there by "Bige Hatfield" during the early 20th century.
Scope and Contents This collection contains items ranging from 1859 to circa 1942 collected or created by Eugene Studebaker Wierbach, including an April 5, 1866 document signed by J.B. Armstrong (Elizabethtown, Indiana) giving permission for his son Levi to marry; two Presbyterian circulars regarding the 1875 meeting of the council of Elders at the General Assembly in Cleveland; a small broadside of a proclamation announcing the death of Muncie Mayor Frank Ellis on October 29, 1890; and a 1930 newspaper...
Scope and Contents The collection consists primarily of correspondence of Socialist Party Executive Secretary Otto Branstertter, with and regarding Debs during 1920–1923, including letters regarding amnesty for Debs and other people imprisoned for their opposition to World War 1, as well as letters regarding Socialist Party politics and Debs role in the party following his release from prison. Also included are Debs’ writings on the labor movement, his essay on Elizabeth Cady Stanton (1922), statements of Debs...
Scope and Contents This collection includes typed sketches and other writings, newspaper articles, pamphlets, correspondence, magazine books, editorials, and photographs from Florence Riddick Boys ranging from 1898-1982 regarding the life of Florence Riddick Boys and her husband, Samuel B. Boys, "Woman's Page" and her authorship, the Republican Party, women's suffrage, and public welfare.
Collection — Folder: S1252
Scope and Contents This collection comprises a 12-page typed essay entitled "Yesterdays" by Dr. Frank C. Steward circa 1910 regarding Stewart's road trip with his daughter, uncle and aunt to visit places he remembered as a child around Peru and La Fontaine, Indiana. He presented his paper to the Century Club of Indianapolis.
Collection — Folder: S1397
Scope and Contents This collection contains a typewritten copy of the essay “History of the Milan Schools as of 1954” by Freda Whitlatch. The essay discusses the progression of the Milan school from a one-room building with only a few students to a school that offered a variety of educational opportunities and extracurricular activities for the approximately 673 students enrolled in the school in 1954.
Scope and Contents This collection includes photocopies of sketches and sketch reproductions ranging from 1923-1946.
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials related to the life and work of George Ade ranging from 1928 to 1944, such as his correspondence with Esther McNitt, Cyril Clemens, Hazel B. Warren, John T. McCutcheon, C.A. Kiler, Ella McCray and Willis Lyman. This collection also contains several copies of handwritten manuscripts, such as "Bessie", "Regarding Pie”, and “The Fun of Handling Crowds”. There is also a copy of Ade’s will, a manuscript copy of a booklet designed by Ade for the Indiana...
Scope and Contents The majority of the collection consists of typescripts of Rainey’s various writings and cassette tapes. In addition to his longer works, Open Day and They Stood Up, a number of shorter works and essay are included. Much of what Rainey wrote is based on his own experiences and beliefs. “A Garrulous Hillbilly” appears to be autobiographical. The cassettes hold recordings of Rainey reciting chapters from his own work as well as speeches and stories by Elbert Hubbard and R. G. Ingersoll. There are...
- Subject: Essays X
- Ade, George, 1866-1944 1
- Anderson, Carl 1
- Beeson, Benjamin Branson, 1843-1902 1
- Beeson, Isaac W., 1789-1871 1
- Boys, Florence Riddick, 1873-1963 1
- Bratton, William E. 1
- Bruner, Margaret E. 1
- Cawein, Madison Julius 1
- Century Club of Indianapolis 1
- Chesterson, Maude Bratton 1
- Clemens, Cyril 1
- Clermont Academy (Clermontville, Ohio) 1
- Cobb, Irvin S. (Irvin Shrewsbury) 1
- Coppock, Jacob, 1844-1925 1
- Crary, Genevieve Alden Walker 1
- Crescent Society (Indianapolis, Ind.) 1
- Debs, Eugene V. (Eugene Victor), 1855-1926 1
- Ehrmann, Max 1
- Evans, Francis Marion, 1841- 1
- Greenberg, Sidney 1
- Harrison, Christopher, 1780-1868 1
- Harrison, William Henry, 1773-1841 1
- Indiana Extension Homemakers Association 1
- Indianapolis High School (Indianapolis, Ind.) 1
- Indianapolis High School (Indianapolis, Ind.). Alumni Society 1
- Kinnick, Mary E. 1
- Kruger, Anna E. 1
- McCutcheon, John T. (John Tinney), 1870-1949 1
- McNitt, Esther U. 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church. Indiana Conference 1
- National League of American Pen Women 1
- Noe, Kenneth 1
- Patterson, Elizabeth, 1785-1879 1
- Polley, Frederick, 1875-1957 1
- Rainey, George Sanders, 1893-1989 1
- Rauch, John George 1
- Republican Party (Ind.) 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Riley, James Whitcomb (1849-1916) 1
- Rule, Lucien V., 1872-1950 1
- Shannon, Samuel 1
- Shreve, R. Norris 1
- Socialist Party (U.S.) 1
- Stewart, Frank C. 1
- Stewart, Ralph V., 1874-1967 1
- Sulgrove, Leslie 1
- Tarkington, Newton Booth 1869-1946 1
- Trueblood, Elton 1
- Walker family 1
- Walker, Francis 1
- Walker, John Mann 1
- Walker, Mary E. Graham 1
- Walker, Nora Severinghaus 1
- Ward family 1
- Watson, James E. (James Eli), 1863-1948 1
- Whitlatch, Freda Alberta, 1898-1985 1
- Wierbach, Eugene Studebaker, 1904-1986 1
- Wiley, Harvey W. 1 ∧ less