Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 30

Christian Men Builders collection

 Collection
Identifier: L621
Scope and Contents This collection includes several histories (1930-1977), correspondence from members during World War II (1943-1944), and ledgers detailing projects (1943-1945). Oversized yearbooks, commemorating yearly objectives, projects, members and notable events is also included.

Dr. Moehlman "Indiana Primitive Baptists" manuscript

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: S1386
Scope and Contents This collection consists of two copies of a manuscript written by Dr. Moehlman dated May 15, 1931 concerning the history of the Primitive Baptists in Indiana, beginning with the Whitewater Association in 1807 and notabley includes a d Numbers of churches and members are listed throughout the typed manuscript. Besides ministers, messengers are also listed with their "original churches."

Elias N. Shimer collection

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: S0815
Scope and Contents This collection contains several legal documents of Elias N. Shimer ranging from 1831 to 1844. The documents include Shimer's deed for the purchase of one and a half acres south of the Brookville Road from Joshua Stevens (December 24, 1831); his Marion County Justice of the Peace commission certificate signed by Governor Noah Noble (December 6, 1837); a deed between Edward White and Abraham Jones for eighty acres in Marion County (October 30, 1833), and the indenture transferring the eighty...

First Presbyterian Church, Indianapolis collection

 Collection
Identifier: L297
Scope and Contents This collection includes documents pertaining to benevolences, budgets, conferences, the 1959 general assembly, the committee on better facilities, and Dr. Frantz's 25th anniversary celebration in 1951.

First Presbyterian Church of Mount Vernon, Indiana history

 Collection — Folder: S2746
Identifier: S2746
Scope and Contents This collection contains two photostat copies of the history of the First Presbyterian Church of Mt. Vernon, Indiana compiled by Jennie L. Wade, William Ruminer, C.H. Fullinwider, Otto C. Klein, and Lena Evertson and written circa 1937. The history includes information regarding the early ministers of the church; the names of charter members of the Young Ladies' Society, the Young People's Christian Endeavor society, the Dorcas Circle, and the Martha Hunter Guild; descriptions of the...

First Presbyterian Church of Rockport transcripts

 Collection — Folder: S2744
Identifier: S2744
Scope and Contents This collection includes photostat transcriptions of meeting minutes from the first record book of the First Presbyterian Church of Rockport. Included are records of congregation (members, deacons, elders and ministers) for the years of 1850-1941.

Friendship Chapel Methodist Protestant Church register

 Collection — Folder: S2723
Identifier: S2723
Scope and Contents This collection includes a register from Friendship Chapel Methodist Protestant Church in Rush County, Indiana ranging from 1841-1889 regarding church history.

Gaston Methodist Episcopal Church collection

 Collection — Folder: S1318
Identifier: S1318
Scope and Contents Two booklets in this collection were published by the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Gaston, Indiana. The first is a souvenir program published for the February 21, 1904 dedication of their third building. It includes etchings and photographs of people as well as local business advertisements. The second booklet is the annual financial report for the year ending April 3, 1911. Reverend George H. Redding was pastor. The report lists names of subscribers with the amount pledged...

Gladys P. Pyle collection

 Collection — Folder: S1733
Identifier: S1733
Scope and Contents This collection includes a service of dedication from the Marshall Federated Church in Marshall, Indiana on 1966/06/26.

Gonzaga Council No. 612, Young Men's Institute of St. Andrew Church, Richmond, Indiana collection

 Collection — Folder: S3340
Identifier: S3340
Scope and Contents There is one item in this collection, a 48-page booklet entitled "Souvenir, Ruby Jubilee, 1908-1948, Gonzaga Council No. 612, Young Men's Institute of St. Andrew Church, Richmond, Indiana, St. Andrew Parish Directory." The first eleven pages give a history of the men's club with a chronology of significant events. Pages 13-43 list members in order by street names. From pages 43 through 45, members by Richmond rural routes are given. Members of the parish who live in other towns are recorded on...