Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents The collection consists primarily of Hovey family letters, including correspondence between Hovey and his fiancée/wife. Also included in the collections are letters describing the move from Vermont to Indiana, as well as their living conditions in Fountain County (1831 -1834). The collection contains transcribed letters of Hovey while he was at Dartmouth College, Andover Seminary, letters of his time at Wabash College, and correspondence with Charles White regarding White’s appointment as...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The collection consists primarily of Hawley family and professional correspondence. Included is correspondence with his family in Bridgeport, Connecticut while elder Ransom was a student at Auburn Seminary (1825-1828), as well as correspondence of Hawley and his wife in Indiana with their families in Bridgeport (1828-ca. 1880), and letters to his sons Henry and Ransom and daughter Lucy Ing. The collection also contains letters to Hawley from Presbyterian ministers and other church people in...
Scope and Contents This collection includes letters, primarily from Wolff's grandfather, Julius T. Clark and Florence Flickinger, documents related to Wabash College and fraternities, dance programs, theatre tickets, and other social materials and ephemera ranging from 1898-1911.
Collection — Folder: S211
Scope and Contents This collection includes a letter from the faculty of Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana to United States President James A. Garfield on March 7, 1881 regarding endorsing State Geologist John Collett for the Commission of Agriculture.
Collection — Folder: S0312
Scope and Contents The 20-page manuscript consists of four parts, thus: (1) First Presbyterian Church in Madison, Indiana, calling James H. Johnson as their pastor on October 3, 1825, and designation of Rev. Johnston as agent of the American Home Missionary Society, on November 16, 1829; (2) letter by Prof. Campbell to Wm. G. Sipes, on November 15, 1878, giving the facts about his originating the idea of the International Exhibition in Philadelphia in 1876; (3) Dedication of the Indiana State Building at the...
Collection — Folder: S1533
Scope and Contents This collection includes two copies of a warranty deed and contract from Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana, ranging from 1868 to 1871 regarding the sale of Wabash College property to John Woodburn of Benton County, Indiana.
Scope and Contents The collection includes Hays' correspondence, speeches, scrapbooks, notebooks and photographs, principally from the period of 1914-1954. His political papers include correspondence and other papers regarding his work as Indiana and National Republican Party Chairman; his work with the State Council of Defense during World War I; his efforts to unite the liberal and conservative wings of the Republican Party for the 1920 election, including his correspondence with Theodore Roosevelt on the...
- Names: Wabash College X
- Crawfordsville (Ind.) 3
- Correspondence 2
- Indiana -- Presbyterian churches 2
- Universities and colleges -- Indiana 2
- Agriculture 1
- Banks and banking -- Indiana 1
- Businessmen -- Indiana 1
- Cabinet officers -- United States 1
- Charities -- United States 1
- Church buildings 1
- Clergy -- Indiana 1
- Clippings 1
- Coal mines and mining 1
- College fraternities 1
- College presidents -- Indiana 1
- College students -- Indiana -- Social life and customs 1
- Connecticut 1
- Copyright -- United States 1
- Dance programs 1
- Deeds 1
- Elections -- United States 1
- Fountain County (Ind.) 1
- Geology 1
- Indiana -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- International relief 1
- Lawyers -- Indiana 1
- Missionaries -- China -- 19th century 1
- Missionaries -- Japan -- 19th century 1
- Motion picture industry -- United States -- History 1
- Motion pictures -- Censorship 1
- Photographs 1
- Politicians -- United States -- 20th century 1
- Postal service 1
- Potash industry and trade 1
- Railroads -- United States 1
- Real property 1
- Salem (Ind.) 1
- Stone carving -- Indiana 1
- Teachers -- Indiana 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States -- Equipment and supplies 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States -- War work. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Motion pictures and the war 1 ∧ less