Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection — Folder: S3258
Scope and Contents This collection contains the Civil War discharge of Alonzo W. Weathers from the Union Army in 1865.
Collection — Folder: OBC200
Scope and Contents This collection includes one portrait of Private Alonzo W. Weathers, 24th Regiment, at 18 years of age.
Dates: circa 1864
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection contains news clippings from Columbus, Evansville and Rockport, Indiana newspapers ranging from 1917 to 1929 regarding U.S. Civil War veterans and the Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.) and includes oversize items. The collection also contains three volumes created by August Leich regarding the G.A. R. and Company F, 24th Indiana Volunteer Infantry Regiment. Volume 1 contains registration records from the Department of the Indiana G.A.R. annual encampment at...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection includes an autographed diary from Harry Watts in the United States ranging from 1861/07/15 -\to 1865/08 regarding history of unit and the American Civil War.
Collection — Folder: S1272
Scope and Contents Eight items are in this collection, thus: (1) certificate appointing him Lieutenant Colonel for the 54th Regiment of the Indiana Volunteer Militia, signed by Governor O. P. Morton, dated November 19, 1862; (2) Special Orders 27, dated January 14, 1863, accepting the resignation of Lieutenant Colonel H. Sturm, 54th Regiment; (3) "To Whom It May Concern" letter by Governor Morton, dated May 13, 1865, asking the military authorities for kind attention and consideration...
Scope and Contents This collection contains a photocopy of the Lewis B. Jessup diary. The first half of the diary was written while Jessup was a soldier with the 24th Indiana Volunteer Infantry stationed in Galveston, Texas. The first part of the diary focuses on troop movements and camp life and also contains short biographies on some of the men in his unit. The style of the diary changes after his return to Indiana in late 1865 and focuses on his daily life. The diary also contains: a March 1868 land rental...
Collection — Folder: S3257
Scope and Contents This collection includes a diary from Thomas R. Armes in 1862 regarding life in the Union army, weather, and troop movements during the U.S. Civil War.
Collection — Folder: S1366
Scope and Contents This collection contains the personal correspondence and papers of William Warren, Jr. and information regarding the 24th Indiana Regiment. Alvin P. Hovey wrote a report (4 typed pages) of the Battle of Champion Hill, which was "The Gateway of Vicksburg." Governor Conrad Baker signed the large certificate acknowledging that Will Warren Jr. of Vanderburgh County has been elected Treasurer, dated October 30, 1872. On November 2, 1878, William was elected Auditor, and Governor James D. Williams...
- Names: United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 24th (1861-1865) X
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 6
- Diaries 3
- Indiana -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- Correspondence 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Military life 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 2
- War diaries 2
- Champion Hill, Battle of, Miss., 1863 1
- Clippings 1
- Crawford County (Ind.) 1
- Evansville (Ind.) 1
- Military appointments 1
- Military orders 1
- Newspaper articles 1
- Portraits 1
- Postcards 1
- Ribbons 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Soldiers 1
- Tickets 1
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Siege, 1863 1 ∧ less
- Armes, Thomas R. 1
- Grand Army of the Republic (U.S.) 1
- Harrison, William Henry, 1773-1841 1
- Jessup, Lewis B. 1
- Leich, August 1
- Morton, Oliver P. (Oliver Perry), 1823-1877 1
- Sturm, Fred E. 1
- Sturm, Herman, 1831-1906 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 11th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 54th (1862-1863) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Volunteer Regiment, 1st (1846-1847) 1
- Warren, William, Jr. 1
- Weather, Alonzo W. 1847- 1
- Weathers, Alonzo W., 1847-1931 1 ∧ less