Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scope and Contents The collection includes Clarke's papers, manuscripts, correspondence, scrapbooks, and brochures and pamphlets, dating from 1845 to 1938. The bulk of the material dates from 1901 to 1933. Her correspondence, dating from 1891 to 1934, deals with women's suffrage both in Indiana and on a national basis, women's club work, the League of Nations, the Indiana Democratic Party, and the Indianapolis City Plan Commission. Also included are papers regarding the placement of the papers of her father,...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of business papers regarding Eagle Machine Works and indentures, deeds, plans, and other financial documents associated with land ownership and subdivision development in Indianapolis. Also included are some personal papers and photographs from Hasselman and Blood families in various locations throughout the Midwest and United States including Indiana, Minnesota, and Kansas. Notable items include correspondence from May Wright Sewall and a wedding invitation for...
Scope and Contents This collection includes Board and General Assembly meeting minutes, Treasurer documents, roll books, President's books and yearbooks from the Indianapolis Council of Women ranging from 1892-2018. Also included are administrative records from the Indiana State Council of Women ranging from 1929-1995.
Collection — Folder: S1759
Scope and Contents This collection includes correspondence, clippings, and a calling card from May Wright Sewall in Indianapolis, Indiana ranging from 1902 to 1931 regarding speaking engagements and the Propylaeum.
Collection — Volume: V118
Scope and Contents This collection includes a scrapbook compiled by May Wright Sewall during 1915-1916 regarding the Henry Ford Peace Expedition. It includes telegrams, letters, an itinerary, the ship's newsletter, "Argosy", and her daily writings to "fellow Hoosiers" back home.
Scope and Contents This collection includes clippings, correspondence, minutes, yearbooks, two photographs, and other documents from the May Wright Sewall Indiana Council of Women ranging from 1927 to 1988 regarding the organizations activities, bylaws, meetings, and those of other affiliates. Notable items include an invitation from Indiana Governor Henry F. Schricker to the launching of Battleship U.S.S. Indiana in 1941, an invitation from the Indiana War Finance Committee to a state-wide luncheon in 1943, and...
Collection — Folder: S664
Scope and Contents This collection includes an autographed, signed letter from Nelle Davis in France during February 1918 regarding life in Europe during World War I, and from Merica Evans Hoagland in Indiana; an eclipse observation in 1925, extracts from the enrollment book of the Library Institute of Winona Technical Institute from 1906-1908, a description of a party in 1928, and an appreciation of May Wright Sewall in 1933.
Scope and Contents This collection includes newspaper clippings and scrapbooks from Mrs. Sarah Carmichael Harrell in Indiana ranging from 1825-1927 regarding the Columbian Exposition (or otherwise known as the Chicago World's Fair), Brookville, Franklin County, Indiana history, poetry and stories.
Collection — Folder: S665
Scope and Contents This collection includes a typed carbon copy from Rebecca Traill Hodges in Indianapolis, Indiana ranging from 1888-1941 regarding the history of the Propylaeum.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection includes articles and correspondence from William R. Holloway in Indianapolis, Indiaan ranging from circa 1882 to 1896 regarding the U.S. Civil War and personal correspondence.
- Names: Sewall, May Wright, 1844-1920 X
- Correspondence 5
- Clippings 3
- Women -- Societies and clubs 3
- Minutes (Records) 2
- Photographs 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Women political activists 2
- Women's suffrage 2
- Aged women -- Indiana 1
- Arts -- Indiana 1
- Broadsides 1
- Brookville (Ind.) 1
- Business records 1
- Calling cards 1
- Children -- Employment -- Law and legislation 1
- Community and school 1
- Consumer protection -- Citizen participation 1
- Deeds 1
- Europe -- Description and travel -- 20th century 1
- History -- Societies, etc. -- Indiana 1
- Indiana -- Societies and clubs 1
- Indiana -- legal affairs 1
- Indianapolis (Ind.) 1
- Indianapolis (Ind.) -- Societies and clubs 1
- Irvington (Indianapolis, Ind.) 1
- Juvenile courts -- Indiana 1
- Marion County (Ind.) 1
- Newspaper articles 1
- Newspaper columns 1
- Pacifists 1
- Performing arts -- Indiana 1
- Plat maps 1
- Political clubs 1
- Politics and government 1
- Programs 1
- Real estate management -- Indiana 1
- Retirement -- Indiana 1
- Schools -- Indiana -- History -- 19th century 1
- Schools -- Indiana -- History -- 20th century 1
- Societies and clubs 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 1
- Steamships 1
- Suffragists -- Indiana 1
- Temperance -- Indiana 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Vocational education -- Indiana 1
- War -- Moral and ethical aspects -- United States 1
- Women -- Education -- Indiana 1
- Women -- Suffrage 1
- Women and democracy 1
- Women in charitable work 1
- Women in community organization 1
- Women's rights 1
- Women's rights -- United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Peace 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American 1
- World’s Columbian Exposition (1893 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Yearbooks 1 ∧ less