Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents This collection includes transcripts, newspapers and correspondence from Harold C. Feightner in Indianapolis, Indiana ranging from 1930 to 1968 regarding Indiana alcohol laws. The transcripts include Feightner's notable works "Politics, Prohibition and Repeal 1938," and "Pulpits and Politics 1850-1908." This collection also includes papers and clippings regarding Ku Klux Klan activity in Indianapolis and the Anti-Saloon League.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents Two folders comprise tlhis collection. Folder one has documents and newspaper clippings from 1922 to 1925. The second folder has miscellaneous papers from 1922. The papers are typed. Governor Warren McCray wrote, on October 4, 1922, "I am very much interested in the Indiana Lincoln Memorial Association. I have visited the burial place of Nancy Hanks... The time he [Abraham Lincoln] spent here was during the constructive period of a boy's life and I have no doubt that the environment surrounding...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of two drafts of McCray's memoirs, written shortly after his release from prison, describing his family and childhood, agriculture and business interests, political campaigns, and governorship, facsimiles of documents from his trial on mail fraud charges, and his time served in federal prison.
Scope and Contents The collection includes Hays' correspondence, speeches, scrapbooks, notebooks and photographs, principally from the period of 1914-1954. His political papers include correspondence and other papers regarding his work as Indiana and National Republican Party Chairman; his work with the State Council of Defense during World War I; his efforts to unite the liberal and conservative wings of the Republican Party for the 1920 election, including his correspondence with Theodore Roosevelt on the...
Scope and Contents The collection contains a transcript and a reel-to-reel audiotape of an interview with William P. Evans conducted by Thomas Krasean for the Indiana State Library Oral History Project on May 2, 1969. Evans discusses his family and schooling; Governor Hanly and his interests in prohibition; his military service; his wife; the Ku Klux Klan; some of his more prominent cases; and his work for the Public Service Company of Indiana. He also talks about Governors Warren T. McCray and Ed Jackson and...
Collection — Folder: S2031
Scope and Contents This collection contains a Republican ticket from Kansas for the 1888 election, a commission report on the Indiana Reformatory from 1921, and correspondence related to the report and the Indiana Reformatory created by Warren T. McCray in Indianapolis in 1921.
Collection — Folder: S393
Scope and Contents This collection includes an enlistment certificate, correspondence, a family history, and a biography from Winfield Taylor Durbin in Indianapolis, Indiana ranging from 1899 to 1954.The oldest document in this collection is an 1899 certificate regarding the enlistment of Winfield T. Durbin as Colonel of the 161st Indiana Volunteer Regiment on June 18, 1898 to serve for two years during the war. On April 11, 1903, Governor Durbin wrote to a colonel about the dedication of...
- Names: McCray, Warren T. (Warren Terry), 1865-1938 X
- Indianapolis (Ind.) 3
- Correspondence 2
- Indiana -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Lawyers -- Indiana 2
- Prohibition 2
- Alcohol -- Indiana -- Law and legislation -- 20th century 1
- Autobiographies -- Indiana 1
- Banks and banking -- Indiana 1
- Biography 1
- Businessmen -- Indiana 1
- Cabinet officers -- United States 1
- Charities -- United States 1
- Coal mines and mining 1
- Copyright -- United States 1
- Court records -- Indiana 1
- Elections -- United States 1
- Family history 1
- Governors -- Indiana 1
- Indiana 1
- Indiana -- Presbyterian churches 1
- Indiana -- Social life and customs 1
- International relief 1
- Motion picture industry -- United States -- History 1
- Motion pictures -- Censorship 1
- Oral history interviews 1
- Parke County (Ind.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Politicians -- United States -- 20th century 1
- Politics and government 1
- Postal service 1
- Potash industry and trade 1
- Presidents -- Election 1
- Public-service corporations (Public utilities) 1
- Railroads -- United States 1
- Recruiting and enlistment 1
- Reel-to-reel audiotapes 1
- Sculpture 1
- Shiloh, Battle of, Tenn., 1862 1
- Stone carving -- Indiana 1
- Temperance 1
- Transcriptions 1
- Trials 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States -- Equipment and supplies 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States -- War work. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Motion pictures and the war 1 ∧ less