Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Collection — Box: P003
Scope and Contents The collection consists of 291 black and white, 3 x 5-inch photographic prints depicting life at Camp Atterbury, Indiana in the midst of World War II. Three of the images have copies. The photographs were taken by William J. Moriarty, Sr., a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army, as part of his duties for the U.S. Signal Corps while he was stationed there in 1943. The images demonstrate the daily activities of camp life and training, as well as social events, and depict racial...
Collection — Folder: S1931
Scope and Contents The collection is made up of World War II letters written between 1941 and 1945. All but one are written to Charles Owen Tullis by former students at Washington High School. The letters discuss recollections of classmates and family in East Chicago (Indiana), matters of military training and military life, and impressions of Europe and North Africa. Tullis wrote one letter in the collection. There is also one photograph and one lire in Italian currency.
Scope and Contents This collection includes several histories (1930-1977), correspondence from members during World War II (1943-1944), and ledgers detailing projects (1943-1945). Oversized yearbooks, commemorating yearly objectives, projects, members and notable events is also included.
Collection — Volume: V296
Scope and Contents This collection includes two letters to Etta Dee Smith from a possible friend named Rose, dating from 1945. Also included is an appointment book, arranged by date, during 1944.
Scope and Contents This collection includes papers, letters, photographs, news-clippings, and volumes from Frederick Taggart Cretors Jr. in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana ranging from 1927 to 1989 regarding various periods in the life of Cretors Jr.
Scope and Contents This collection includes professional correspondence, speeches, notes, research, clippings, newsletters, meeting minutes, bibliographies, and other materials created and compiled by Harold F. Brigham in Louisville, Kentucky and Indianapolis, Indiana ranging from 1899 to 1967 regarding his work as a librarian in Kentucky and at the Indiana State Library. There are also a few materials relating to Merriwether Lewis and William Clark, which Brigham used in his talk at the Conversation Club in...
Collection — Folder: S1285
Scope and Contents This collection comprises an October 17, 1943 newspaper article from the Indianapolis Star containing a reprint of entries from Paul E. Taylor's World War II diary, ranging from December 28, 1941 to December 5, 1942, regarding his experiences in the military, travel to Camp Roberts in California, and Australia.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection includes 24 scapbooks with newspaper clippings recording Indiana-related events and people involved with World War II during 1941-1945.
Scope and Contents In the collection are bidding documents and statistical information about the construction of the World War II Memorial, as well as information about the soldiers and units from Indiana who fought in that war from 1941-1945. There is information about medal of honor winners, about men buried in Europe, and ideas which people sent for inclusion in the Memorial.
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Indiana X
- Indiana State Library 2
- American Library Association 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Brigham, Harold F. (Harold Frederick), 1897-1971 1
- Butler University 1
- Christian Men Builders (Indianapolis, Ind.) 1
- Clark, William 1
- Coleman, Christopher Bush 1
- Community Chest of Indianapolis (Indiana) 1
- Constitution Day Committee 1
- Cretor family 1
- Cretors, Frederick Taggart, Jr. 1
- Gray Ladies (Organization) 1
- Hepburn, William Murray 1
- Indiana Library Association 1
- Indiana State Police 1
- Indiana Traffic Safety Council 1
- Indianapolis Literary Club 1
- Lewis, Meriwether 1
- Modisette, Welton Matthew 1
- Moriarty, William John 1
- Russian War Relief, Inc 1
- Schricker, Henry F. (Henry Fredrick) 1
- Shortridge High School (Indianapolis, Ind.) 1
- Smith, Etta Dee 1
- Taggart, Thomas, 1856-1929 1
- Taylor, Paul E. 1
- Tullis, Charles Owen 1
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 1
- United States. Army African American troops 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps 1
- United States. Army Service Forces. Service Command, 5th 1
- United States. Army--Chaplains 1
- United States. Army--Service clubs 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 30th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 366th 1
- United States. Army. Service Unit, 1560th 1
- United States. Army. Signal Corps 1
- United States. Army. Station Hospital, 317th 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps 1
- United States. Navy 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1 ∧ less