Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 24
Collection — Folder: S0595
Scope and Contents This collection contains Ida Husted Harper's manuscript, The Associated Work of the Women of Indiana. The handwritten manuscript is 140 pages long and contains 45 chapters that relate information and statistics regarding the many missionary societies, temperance unions, literary clubs, and other organizations managed by women in Indiana up to April 1893. The collection also includes a letter sent by Mrs. Harper to Ed Hawkins regarding the publishing of her...
Collection — Folder: S1484
Scope and Contents This collection contains items, such as correspondence with librarians, with the autographs of authors and writers in Indiana and the United States collected by the Indiana State Library between 1881 and 1955. Autographs include William Herschell, Zona Gale, Frederick Landis, James Whitcomb Riley, Ethel Arnold Tilden and Charles Dudley Warner.
Collection — Folder: S1013
Scope and Contents This collection includes three clippings of the column, "A Hoosier Listening Post," written by Kate Milner Rabb. The columns ran in the Indianapolis Star on August 29, 30 and September 4, 1930. The articles relate information supplied by Mr. Leon L. Newland regarding his ancestors and include reprintings of the text of the 1682 Quaker Certificate of Removal from Ireland to America of Nicholas Newland, letters sent in the 1820's and 1830's by Elijah and J.C. Newland to family in Indiana from...
Collection — Folder: S382
Scope and Contents This collection includes a letter from Julia Henderson Levering in Cincinnati, Ohio on June 25, 1909 regarding her book Historic Indiana, fellow author Jacob Piatt Dunn and Indiana history.
Collection — Folder: S0812
Scope and Contents This collection contains a clipping of Kate Milner Rabb's column, "A Hoosier Listening Post," printed in the Indianapolis Star on December 30, 1934. The article relates information that Mrs. Gene Lawrence sent to Rabb regarding her ancestor, John Adam Lawrence, and it includes a list of items offered for sale by Mr. Lawrence at an 1839 auction and his family genealogy.
Collection — Folder: S006
Scope and Contents The collection consists of nine poems and one handwritten note by Leona V. Adams, ranging from 1959 to 1966. All documents in the collection are photocopies.
Scope and Contents This collection includes business papers, family materials and photographs, personal and business correspondence, poetry published in newspapers and magazines, and other materials from Margaret E. Bruner, her family, and other writers, in Indiana and New York ranging from 1865 to 1971, regarding women authors, family matters, poetry, writing, religion, friendship, and the publishing industry.
Scope and Contents This collection includes correspondence, newspaper articles, clippings, manuscripts, books, family papers, awards, and other materials from Myrtie Barker and the Barker family in Indianapolis, Indiana ranging from 1907 to 1985 regarding her career as a writer and family life.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection contains photographs of Myrtie L. Barker, as well as one photograph of her mother, Mary A. Barker, ranging from circa 1910 to 1960s. Other photographs were taken during her career as a columnist for the Indianapolis News. Several photographs show Barker at a book signing for >Where is Everybody?, released in 1968.
Scope and Contents This collection includes newspaper clippings, Indianapolis Branch newsletters, correspondence, membership directories, meeting minutes, treasury reports, programs and the official magazine of the National League of American Pen Women (NLAPW), "The Pen Woman," ranging from 1928-2011.
- Subject: Women authors X
- Barker, Myrtie Lillian, 1910-1983 2
- National League of American Pen Women 2
- Rabb, Kate Milner, 1866-1937 2
- Adams, Abigail, 1744-1818 1
- Adams, Leona V. 1
- Adams, Louisa Catherine, 1775-1852 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Ayres, Frederic M. 1
- Bacheller, Irving 1
- Boys, Florence Riddick, 1873-1963 1
- Bruner, Margaret E. 1
- Butler University 1
- Cobb, Irvin S. (Irvin Shrewsbury) 1
- Conway, Grace E. 1
- Dunn, Jacob Piatt, 1855-1924 1
- Ehrmann, Max 1
- Foch, Ferdinand 1
- Friermood, Elisabeth Hamilton 1
- Gale, Zona 1
- Greenberg, Sidney 1
- Harding, Bertita 1
- Harper, Ida Husted, 1851-1931 1
- Harrison, Anna Tuthill Symmes, 1775-1864 1
- Hawk, Aletha Grace 1
- Hedde, Wilhemina G. 1
- Herschell, William 1
- Huffard, Grace Thompson 1
- Indiana State Library 1
- Indianapolis News 1
- Jackson, Rachel, 1767-1828 1
- Jefferson, Martha, 1748-1782 1
- L.S. Ayres and Company 1
- Landis, Frederick 1
- Lawrence, John A. 1
- Levering, Julia Henderson 1
- Mabie, Hamilton Wright 1
- Madison, Dolley, 1768-1849 1
- Mason, Miriam E. 1
- Merrill, Catharine 1
- Mitchell, S. Weir (Silas Weir) 1
- Monroe, Elizabeth, 1768-1830 1
- National Federation of Press Women 1
- National League of American Pen Women. Indianapolis Branch 1
- Newland family 1
- Pogue, Barton Rees 1
- Republican Party (Ind.) 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Riley, James Whitcomb (1849-1916) 1
- Seegmiller, Wilhelmina 1
- Squires, Edith Lombard 1
- Stering, E.A. 1
- Stratton-Porter, Gene,1863-1924 1
- Taft, Helen Herron, 1861-1943 1
- Tilden, Ethel Arnold, 1876-1950 1
- Trueblood, Elton 1
- Wallace, Lew, 1827-1905 1
- Wallace, Susan E. (Susan Elston) 1
- Walter Reed Army Hospital (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Warner, Charles Dudley, 1829-1900 1
- Washington, Martha, 1731-1802 1
- Wills, Roberta Jane 1
- Women's Overseas Service League 1
- Woolson, Constance Fenimore 1 ∧ less