Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 21
Collection — Folder: S1536
Scope and Contents This collection consists of six items, beginning with "The Dying Drummer Boy" narrative by Joshua Burrows, New Albany, Indiana, published in the Indianapolis Journal on December 5, 1862. The four-page typed story tells about Jerry, a drummer boy from the 101st Indiana Regiment, who died of fever in Lebanon, Kentucky. Mr. Burrows served as his nurse, and wrote the story on November 25, 1862.The 2nd item is a two-sided, printed order No. 20 from Headquarters of the Fourth Army Corps...
Collection — Folder: S1043
Scope and Contents The collection includes two letters from Indiana Representative Allen J. Payton written to his cousin, John D. Evans in New Albany, Indiana, ranging from February 27, 1889, to March 6, 1889, regarding the 1889 General Assembly Session.
Collection — Folder: S2716
Scope and Contents This collection includes a typed list from Bonnie Sloan Post #28 in New Albany, Indiana in 1947 regarding membership and 2 sheets of blank letterhead.
Collection — Folder: S878
Scope and Contents The collection consists of four letters (1817-1820) and one personal account book (1824-1831) that belonged to Daniel McDaniel. The letters relate to a couple legal incidents, including ferry accident and an issue of a distress warrent, that occurred in New Albany, Indiana.
Collection — Folder: OBC057
Scope and Contents This collection includes a Peter Frentz patent dated September 11, 1866.
Collection — Folder: S1756
Scope and Contents This collection includes an autographed, signed letter from Hildred Lapping Burgess in New Albany, Indiana in 1937 regarding the New Albany flood and family matters.
Scope and Contents This collection includes five volumes from Howard G. Walker ranging from 1996-1999 regarding 81st Indiana Regiment. These volumes include extracts of reports of time of battle by leaders, calender astronomical reports, records of correspondence, roster of volunteers, and collection of photographs of headstones.
Collection — Folder: S698
Scope and Contents This collection includes printed, typed, and autographed, signed letters and documents from various authors in New Albany, Indiana and elsewhere ranging from 1925 to 1969 and undated regarding family matters, genealogy, financial ledgers, and business contracts.
Collection — Folder: S921
Scope and Contents This collection includes letters and accounts of sales from B.P. Ethell and Company in New Orleans, Louisiana ranging from 1858/01/10 to 1858/04/24 regarding sales for John Maine of New Albany, Indiana.
Collection — Folder: S1541
Scope and Contents This collection contains seven photostats of letters and documents. The first document was written when John Rowan was a United States Senator, which was 1825-1831. However, there is no date on the hand-written document regarding the opinions of Judge Trimble. The second item is a letter to the Honorable Samuel L. Lathan, written from Washington on March 18, 1828, by John Rowan, recommending midshipman, Philip Thomas Trapnal. The third item records the minutes of a meeting held on December 8,...
- Subject: New Albany (Ind.) X
- Methodist Episcopal Church 2
- Walker family 2
- Walker, John Mann 2
- American Legion 1
- American Legion. Bonnie Sloan Post 28 (New Albany, Ind.) 1
- Aston, Richard 1
- B.P. Ethell and Company (New Orleans, La.) 1
- Badger, George E., 1795-1866 1
- Banks, George L. 1
- Burgess, Hildred Lapping 1
- Burrows, Joshua 1
- Butler family 1
- Butler, Charles, 1802-1897 1
- Butler, Noble Chase 1
- Clermont Academy (Clermontville, Ohio) 1
- Cole, Austin A. 1
- Crary, Genevieve Alden Walker 1
- DePauw University 1
- Dowling, Thomas, 1806-1876 1
- Evans, John D. 1
- Floyd, Davis 1
- Frentz, Peter 1
- Gresham, Walter Quintin 1
- Huff, John 1
- Indiana. General Assembly 1
- Kossuth, Lajos, 1802-1894 1
- Lathan, Samuel L. 1
- Louisville and Indiana Railroad 1
- Maine, John 1
- McCormich, D. I. 1
- McDonald, Daniel 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church. Indiana Conference 1
- Minton, Sherman 1
- New Albany High School (Ind.) 1
- Payton, Allen J. 1
- Reid, Whitelaw, 1837-1912 1
- Rowan, John, 1773-1843 1
- Rowan, W. H. 1
- Townsend, M. Clifford (Maurice Clifford), 1884-1954 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 15th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 81st (1862-1865) 1
- United States. Supreme Court 1
- United States. War Department 1
- Voorhees, Daniel W. (Daniel Wolsey), 1827-1897 1
- Walker, Emma Nora Severinghaus 1
- Walker, Francis 1
- Walker, Howard G., 1930-2010 1
- Walker, Mary E. Graham 1
- Walker, Nora Severinghaus 1
- Ward family 1
- Ward, W. S. 1 ∧ less