Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 18
Collection — Folder: S652
Scope and Contents This collection includes the history of Bethel Church from Harlan E. Hicks in Montgomery County, Indiana. The names of most church members are listed.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection contains three diaries of Caleb Anderson (1875, 1881, 1884-1885), in which he recorded the weather, prices, and his accounts. It also includes family letters and business papers; the correspondence of John T. Anderson regarding his work as an agent of the Louisville, New Albany and Chicago Railroad in Ladoga (1864-1865); and John T. Anderson's record book of goods woven at the Ladoga mills (1882-1887).
Collection — Folder: S1258
Scope and Contents The ledger book in this collection lists names of men and the amount of stock they owned. Perhaps, this was stock in the grain warehouse business of Daniel Stover and James Harney. On page 15 is Daniel's name with 1860 and 1861 dates followed by men's names and numbers. The entries are in ink and easy to read. The last page has "Records of Deeds." About half the back pages have been torn out.There are three pieces of paper in D.C. Stover's handwriting. The first paper is an oath in...
Scope and Contents This collection includes 3 account books kept by Daniel Curtis for his farm and tile businesses containing entries ranging from 1879 to 1888. Volume 3 also has entries made by Aetna Curtis ranging from 1908 to 1914 and a three page Purdue University Agricultural Extension Department publication about farming in Montgomery County along with a "Summary of the Year's Business" form filled out for Aetna's farm from 1916.
Collection — Folder: S754
Scope and Contents This collection includes autographed, signed letters, an account book, and business and legal documents in Indiana ranging from 1864 to 1914 regarding Enoch W. Keegan.
Collection — Folder: S2332
Scope and Contents This collection includes a typed, 40-page manuscript, including a 4-page addendum, by Dr. George T. Williams in Crawfordsville, Indiana, from 1942, titled "Pioneer Physicians and Surgeons of Montgomery County, Indiana." The manuscript chronicles Montgomery County's earliest physicians, organized by township.
Collection — Folder: S1233
Scope and Contents This collection includes a diary from George William Stafford with included notes, hymns, and writings, regarding the life and activities of the reverend's work such as religious services, weddings, and funerals in Indiana.
Collection — Folder: S2909
Scope and Contents The collection includes a photocopy of the minutes book from the Montgomery County, Indiana Grand Army of the Republic titled, "Original Record of Grand Army Post Organized at Crawfordsville, Ind in 1866", with eight page name index and 53 pages of minutes, including the organizational meeting notes and charter.
Collection — Folder: S1434
Scope and Contents This collection includes a July 25, 1917 handwritten letter sent by Harry Quillin to his brother, Clare J. Quillin, at Crawfordsville, Indiana. The letter was written while Harry was in the hospital at Jeffersonville, Indiana and he mentions that "army life is all right as long as you are not sick."
Scope and Contents This collection includes indexes, histories, photographs, maps and correspondence from Jack McCormick and the Department of Natural Resources in Indiana ranging from 1883-1970 regarding Pine Hills Nature Preserve, a project of the Nature Conservancy's Indiana Chapter in Montgomery County, Indiana, and Shades State Park.
- Subject: Montgomery County (Ind.) X
- Rare Books and Manuscripts 17
- Genealogy 1
- Anderson family 1
- Anderson, Caleb H. R. 1
- Anderson, Fudge and Company 1
- Anderson, John T. 1
- Ballard, Charles W., 1835-1911 1
- Ballard, Katherine, 1835-1914 1
- Bayh, Birch, 1928- 1
- Brademas, John 1
- Central Normal College (Danville, Ind.) 1
- Conrad, Larry Allyn 1
- Cotton, Luella 1
- Curtis, Aetna B., 1884-1947 1
- Curtis, Daniel W., 1853-1902 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.) 1
- Democratic Party (Ind.) 1
- Democratic Party (Ind.) State Convention 1
- Dillin, S. Hugh (Samuel Hugh) 1
- Fruits, Noah 1
- Gore, Pauline La Fon 1
- Grand Army of the Republic (U.S.) 1
- Grand Army of the Republic, Montgomery County Post No. 1 (Crawfordsville, Ind.) 1
- Hartke, Vance 1
- Hasselman family 1
- Hays, Will H. (Will Harrison), 1915- 1
- Hicks, Harlan 1
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio) 1
- Hunt, Lester M. 1
- Indiana Paper Company 1
- Indiana. Division of State Parks 1
- Indiana. General Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Indiana. General Assembly. Senate 1
- Jacobs, Andrew, Jr., 1932-2013 1
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines) 1
- Keegan, Enoch W. 1
- Keller family 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- Kingfisher Camp 1
- Kingfisher Club (Crawfordsville, Ind.) 1
- Ladoga Creamery Company 1
- Ladoga Woolen Mills 1
- Lauck, Marie Theresa 1
- Louisville, New Albany, and St. Louis Railway Company 1
- Mankin, Jack H. 1
- McCormick, Jack, 1929-1979 1
- Nature Conservancy (U.S.), Indiana Chapter 1
- New Richmond Historical Society 1
- Quillin, Clare J., 1885-1969 1
- Quillin, Harry M., 1895-1955 1
- Srader, James H. 1
- Stafford, George WIlliam 1
- Steinwedel, Albert A. 1
- Stover family 1
- Stover, Daniel, 1822-1901 1
- Welsh, Matthew E. (Matthew Empson) 1
- Yount Woolen Mills 1 ∧ less