Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Collection — Folder: S3245
Scope and Contents This collection contains papers that relate to Albert Allen's service in the 55th and 133rd regiments of the Indiana Volunteer Infantry Regiment during the U.S. Civil War ranging from 1864 to 1913, including a discharge certificate (1864), a handwritten testimony of Allen's discharge, and three pension documents from 1912 to 1913. There are also two unidentified portrait photographs.
Collection — Folder: S1458
Scope and Contents This collection includes discharge papers for Albert S. Wright in Indiana on 1865/07/06 regarding Wright's dischargement from the Company C of the 72nd Regiment of Indiana Infantry Volunteers.
Collection — Folder: S1853
Scope and Contents This collection includes pages 225-255 from Clement R. Stahan's copy of the revised edition of Manual of the Civil War and Key to the Grand Army of the Republic and Kindred Societies, a book written by J. Worth Carnahan and published by the U.S. Army and Navy Historical Association in 1899. The collection includes an army discharge certificate filled out by Strahan with information regarding his February 18, 1866 discharge (p.225); an unused honorable discharge...
Scope and Contents The collection contains U.S. Civil War materials of David L. Elliott. Included are family correspondence, discharge papers, family photographs, bible, receipts, distribution rolls, certificates, ribbons of reunions, political campaign badges, and a Civil War diary (1864–1865). The collection also contains a history of the Battle of Chickamauga by Captain J.C. McElroy.
Collection — Folder: S1227
Scope and Contents This collection includes correspondence and papers pertaining to the Nelson, Sturgis, and Bailiff families ranging from 1840 to 1892 in Jennings County, Indiana, Ohio, Maryland, and Kansas. The papers include U.S. Civil War letters and a military discharge from George Nelson (1861-1863), documents relating to Susan Bailey, Martha A. Sturgis, and E. Blanchard (1877-1878), and a wedding invitation (1892).
Scope and Contents This collection contains items related to General William Harrison Kemper's Civil War service including his army diary dated from April 22, 1861 to August 3, 1861, a list of volunteers from Decatur County, Indiana who enlisted in Company B, 7th Regiment Indiana Volunteers, Kemper's discharge certificate from the regiment dated August 2, 1861, Kemper's certificates of promotion to assistant surgeon from February, 1863, and his discharge from service certificate dated May 5,1863. Also included...
Collection — Folder: S1836
Scope and Contents This collection includes the Civil War discharge certificate of Henry C. Barter, drummer of Company F, 25th Indiana Regiment. Barter was discharged on August 18, 1864 and the certificate was given at Chattanooga, Tennessee and signed by 1st Lieutenant Robert G. Shannon on August 22, 1864. In the upper left corner, there is a "Bounty Paid" stamp by E.L. Moore, Paymaster of the United States, dated March 27, 1867.
Collection — Folder: S2508
Scope and Contents This collection include the discharge certificate of John Henry Ream, who served in the Minute Men (106th Indiana Regiment) in the U.S. Civil War, specifically during Morgan's 1863 Raid into Indiana. The certificate, issued by the Adjutant General's Office is dated June 18, 1892, and is signed by N. R. Ruckle, Adjutant General. The document states that John H. Ream was a corporal in Company C, 106th Regiment, Indiana Minute Men, from July 10-15, 1863.
Collection — Folder: S3299
Scope and Contents This collection contains Joseph K. Cooper's discharge papers from the 133rd Indiana Volunteers dated 1864/09/05 and from the 43rd Indiaan Volunteers dated 1865/06/14.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 7
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Military life 4
- Correspondence 3
- Photographs 3
- Diaries 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans -- Pensions 2
- Bibles 1
- Clippings 1
- Decatur County (Ind.) 1
- Family life 1
- Indiana -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1
- Indianapolis (Ind.) 1
- Invitation cards 1
- Jennings County (Ind.) 1
- Medical care 1
- Military appointments 1
- Military life 1
- Military paraphernalia 1
- Military parks 1
- Military veterans 1
- Muncie (Ind.) 1
- Muster rolls 1
- Newspaper articles 1
- Physicians 1
- Receipts (Acknowledgements) 1
- Reminiscing 1
- Ribbons 1
- Soldiers 1
- Tippecanoe County (Ind.) 1
- Veterans -- Indiana 1
- Weddings 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 133rd (1864) 2
- Allen, Albert 1
- Bailiff family 1
- Barter, Henry Clay, 1844-1924 1
- Cooper, Joseph K. 1
- Elliott, David L. 1
- Grand Army of the Republic (U.S.) 1
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell 1
- Kemper, G. W. H. (General William Harrison) 1
- Nelson family 1
- Ream, John H. 1
- Strahan, Clement, 1847-1912 1
- Sturgis family 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Cavalry Regiment, 7th (1863-1866) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 25th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 43rd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 55th (1862) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 75th (1862-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 7th (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry, 106th (1863) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Volunteer Regiment, 72nd (1862-1865) 1
- Wright, Albert S. 1 ∧ less