Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Collection — Folder: S0822
Scope and Contents This collection contains a June 15, 1848 letter written by Charlotte Farnham Leonard of Madison, Indiana to Reverend Samuel F. Jarvis of Middletown, Connecticut. Her letter is written on a June 14, 1848 circular printed by members of the Episcopal congregation of Christ Church in Madison and Jackson Kemper, the Bishop in charge of the Diocese of Indiana. The circular was created to try and raise money to build a "suitable house for public worship". Mrs. Leonard was a former parishioner of Rev....
Collection — Folder: S0337
Scope and Contents This letter was written to Harold F. Brigham, Indiana State Library, on January 29, 1945, in response to his letter to Congressman Ludlow concerning the Library’s “desire to obtain the negative of the film on Madison, Indiana.” Mr. Davis informs Mr. Brigham that the film, entitled “The Town,” was “produced by the Overseas Motion Picture Bureau of the Office of War Information for showing overseas.” Mr. Davis suggests that Mr. Brigham “get in touch with Mr. Irving Lerner, Overseas...
Collection — Folder: S468
Scope and Contents This collection includes photostat copies of autographed diary entries from George Fitzhugh in Madison, Indiana ranging from 1832 to 1848 regarding family, business and military matters.
Scope and Contents This collection includes correspondence, research, newspaper articles and drafts of speeches and articles from George S. Cottman in Indianapolis, Indiana ranging from 1872 to 1937 regarding Indiana history, business and family business and articles by other writers concerning history.
Collection — Folder: OP004
Scope and Contents This collection includes five photographs of steamboats, the Ohio River, and Jefferson County from Harry Lemen in Madison, Indiana from around the 1940s.
Collection — Folder: SP039
Scope and Contents This collection includes 35mm slides of nature scenes in Indiana circa 1950s, including rivers, waterfalls, caves, and state parks.
Collection — Folder: S0504
Scope and Contents This collection contains a January 17, 1852 letter written by J. Garretson of Philadelphia and sent to "Theo". His letter recounts his experiences and observations during a trip through Ohio and Indiana. He notes the depressed wheat prices in Ohio and that Indiana was in much better condition with the pork trade being the staple of the state. He shares his thoughts about his visits to Indianapolis, Terre Haute, Vincennes, and Madison, Indiana and Cincinnati, Ohio. He also mentions the fact that...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection includes "Dantucker with Speed," a incomplete handwritten poem about the nomination and election of James Polk (circa 1844). On the back of the same paper, there is a poem that begins, "O death within thy ruthless grasp" and a February 7, 1844 receipt from the Indianapolis office of the Sinking Fund for Asa Anderson and Esquire Ward regarding payment of interest on a loan. The collection also has a February 28, 1846 "Penmanship" receipt and includes a pencil drawing of a woman...
Scope and Contents This collection includes survey maps (one starting in Madison, Indiana (the other starting in Columbus, Indiana) and a profile map of the railroad from railroad staff in Indiana ranging from circa 1905 regarding the railroad's elevation, landmarks, stations, etc.
Collection — Folder: S3413
Scope and Contents This collection consists of one advertisement from merchants, Lanier and Ross, in Madison, Indiana. The advertisement is addressed to Carrie H. Scott and is probably from after 1850.
- Subject: Madison (Ind.) X
- Indiana State Library 2
- American Secular Union and Freethought Federation (Ind.) 1
- Ball State University 1
- Bolton, Sarah 1
- Branham family 1
- Branham, McClure 1
- Brigham, Harold F. (Harold Frederick), 1897-1971 1
- Campbell, John (John T.) 1
- Campbell, Marinda 1
- Cottman, George S. (George Streibe), 1857-1941 1
- Dye, Charity 1
- Esarey, Logan, 1874-1942 1
- Fitzhugh, George 1
- Garretson, Jacob, 1816-1899 1
- Grayson, Andrew Jackson 1
- Howard, T. A. 1
- Indiana Federation of Art Clubs 1
- Indiana Historical Society 1
- Jarvis, Samuel F. (Samuel Farmar), 1786-1851 1
- Jeffersonville, Madison and Indianapolis Railroad 1
- Julian, George Washington, 1817-1899 1
- Lanier, J. F. D. (James Franklin Doughty), 1800-1881 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lemen, Harry 1
- Leonard, Charlotte Farnum 1
- Lind, Jenny, 1820-1887 1
- Nation, Carry Amelia, 1846-1911 1
- Nature Study Club of Indiana (Noblesville, Ind.) 1
- Parker, Benjamin S. (Benjamin Strattan), 1833-1911 1
- Pulaski, Kazimierz, 1747-1779 1
- Riley, James Whitcomb (1849-1916) 1
- Robinson family 1
- Robinson, Edward J. 1
- Robinson, Rebecca G. 1
- Robinson, William H. 1
- Siddall, James 1
- Strader, Samuel H., 1811-1872 1
- Townsend, M. Clifford (Maurice Clifford), 1884-1954 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 10th (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Office of War Information 1
- Willich, August 1
- Yankee Robinson Coliseum 1 ∧ less