Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Scope and Contents This collection contains Brown’s personal and business correspondence, as well as documents of political appointments, indentures, checks, receipts, clippings, and compositions, programs and other ephemera from social and political activities such as membership to the Democratic Party and Masons organizations. The correspondence includes letters from his father, William J. Brown, his brother, George, and cousin, John Ferguson. Other correspondents include Thomas A. Hendricks, James Whitcomb,...
Scope and Contents This collection includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, hair, postcards, programs, and invitations from Cora Mack Brown, her family and friends, and organizations such as the Order of the Eastern Star, the Methodist Church, and the Masonic Lodge in Milton, Indiana as well as in Illinois and Ohio ranging from 1860-1927 regarding local activities in Milton, Indiana, the organizations mentioned, and the Mack and Brown families.
Collection — Folder: S1758
Scope and Contents This collection includes the record book of the Winfield T. Durbin Camp, No. 78, local chapter of the United Spanish War Veterans in Anderson, Indiana. Ranging from 1924 to 1966, the entries include the members name, address, birth date, occupation, entry date and discharge date of military service, nearest relative, and their signature. Also included is the "date mustered into camp" and additional remarks about the members that consist primarily of dates of death.
Collection — Folder: S3100
Scope and Contents The materials in this collection are dated from 1884-1914. They are the papers necessary for transacting the business of a fraternal organization: receipts for merchandise and services, financial notations of income received (including dues), and expenditures, programs and promotional literature relating to special events, and listings of members and officers. Also included are the report of a disciplinary committee, a proposed amendment to the constitution of Eureka Lodge No. 20, a copy of the...
Collection — Folder: S1515
Scope and Contents This collection includes one membership certificate from the Grand Council Order of DeMolay for Boys in Indianapolis, Indiana dated January 26, 1922 regarding the membership to the Indianapolis Chapter of Halford Garold White.
Scope and Contents This collection includes membership, dues, and minute books, and financial forms from Hermann's Sons, Cherusker Lodge ranging from 1923-1961 regarding financial and membership records.
Collection — Folder: S0680
Scope and Contents This collection contains letters written by John M. Hook to his brother, Matthias, from 1861 to 1863 while serving in G Company, 6th Indiana Infantry Regiment during the Civil War. The collection also includes a letter written in 1863 to Matthias Hook from Banner Davis, a man serving in the same unit as John. Other items in the collection are a letter written by Margaret Hook from Des Moines, Iowa in 1851; Bartholomew County, Indiana tax receipts paid by Mathias Hook (1853,...
Collection — Folder: S2669
Scope and Contents This collection includes the initiation register for the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Lodge No. 169 of Oxford, Indiana containing entries ranging from 1857 to 1928 and three additional entries from 1949. The collection also includes a four page typewritten list of members initiated into the lodge from 1857 to 1900, listed alphabetically along with their age, occupation and year of initiation.
Scope and Contents This collection includes documents from various officials in Indiana and Ohio ranging from 1874-2016 regarding organizational information, minutes of the state and various local granges, rosters of local granges and state officials, financial information, a state newsletter and special status membership.
Collection — Folder: S3458
Scope and Contents This collection contains dance cards from social events created by different groups and most likely attended by John Heimbo in Indianapolis and a few other locations around Indiana from 1888 to 1891.
- Subject: Fraternal organizations X
- Brown family 2
- Knights of Pythias 2
- Ahrens, Walter Robert, 1888- 1
- Bright, Jesse D. (Jesse David) 1
- Brown, Austin H. 1
- Brown, George 1
- Brown, William J. (William John) 1
- Cleveland, Grover 1
- Conner, William, 1777-1855 1
- Cox, E. T. (Edward Travers) 1
- Davis, John Wesley, 1799-1859 1
- DeMolay (Organization) 1
- DePauw University 1
- Defrees, John D. (John Dougherty), 1810 or 1811-1882 1
- Democratic Party (Ind.) 1
- Elliott, Byron K. (Byron Kosciusko) 1
- Ferguson, John 1
- Freemasons. Grand Lodge of Indiana 1
- Gorman, Arthur P. (Arthur Pue) 1
- Gray, Isaac P. (Isaac Pusey) 1
- Harley, William R. 1
- Hendricks, Thomas A. (Thomas Andrews), 1819-1885 1
- Hermann's Sons, Cherusker Lodge 1
- Hook family 1
- Hook, Jesse B. 1
- Hook, John M. 1
- Hook, Matthias 1
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Lodge No. 169 (Oxford, Ind.) 1
- Indiana State Grange 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915-) 1
- Lafayette and Indianapolis Railroad 1
- Mack family 1
- Mashingomisha Haymakers' Association 1
- McDonald, Joseph E. (Joseph Ewing) 1
- Norris, O. Roy, 1879-1911 1
- Order of the Eastern Star 1
- Parker, George F. (George Frederick) 1
- Phi Delta Phi 1
- Russell, Alexander W. (Alexander Wilson) 1
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods Academy (Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Ind.) 1
- Shackelford, Ralph 1
- United Spanish War Veterans. Department of Indiana. Winifield T. Durbin Camp No. 78 (Anderson, Ind.) 1
- United States Naval Academy 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Congress. House 1
- United States. Horse Claims Division 1
- United States. Navy 1
- Van Scyoc family 1
- Vilas, William F. (William Freeman) 1
- Walker, Robert J. (Robert John) 1
- Watson, William Stuart 1
- Whitcomb, James, 1795-1852 1 ∧ less