Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 21
Collection — Folder: S0591
Scope and Contents This collection includes a letter from Alvin F. Harlow to Miss Nellie Coats, a librarian who worked at the Indiana State Library, on February 6, 1951. His letter mentions Cincinnati artist, Laura Fry, who did wood carving, china painting, and furniture design. He comments on the mission furniture fad and the "monstrosities" of the furniture styles of that time period and included a February 2, 1951 news clipping titled, "California Antiques Held Mostly 'Junky'" that quotes a art expert saying...
Collection — Folder: S724
Scope and Contents This collection includes a typed transcript of a speech from Bess Sellers Johnson in Indiana on November 5, 1940 regarding pioneer women of Franklin, Indiana.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection includes tintype and carte-de-visite photographs from the Bromwell and Wright family in Indiana, Fairfield, Iowa, Lincoln, Nebraska, and Louisville, Kentucky, ranging from circa 1860 to 1900 regarding family members and friends of all ages.
Collection — Folder: S1299
Scope and Contents This collection includes photocopied letters from Christian H. Tharp ranging from 1867-1901 regarding family news and community events.
Collection — Folder: S1512
Scope and Contents This collection includes various badges (ribbons) from regimental reunions and veterans organizations' meetings, such as the Grand Army of the Republic and the Women's Relief Corps (WRC),in Indiana ranging from 1877 to 1921. There is also a postcard to John A. Cottman from William W. Dudley in Richmond, Indiana on June 20, 1873 regarding badges of the "Iron Brigade", which included the 19th Indiana Regiment.
Collection — Folder: S1042
Scope and Contents This collection includes copies of biographical information from Jessica M. Payne in Franklin, Indiana, ranging from 1832 to 1930 regarding Drs. Carl F. Payne, Roscoe W. Payne and Philander W. Payne.
Collection — Folder: S2586
Scope and Contents This collection includes one Daughters of the American Revolution ribbon autographed by Amelia Earhart and one air mail envelope, representing the first air mail delivery from New Jersey 1937/11/16.
Collection — Folder: S1544
Scope and Contents There are four letters concerning the invitation to Harold Brigham, Director of the Indiana State Library, to serve as representative of Princeton University at the inauguration of Harold Wellington Richardson as 10th president of Franklin College and his response, as well as a letter from Dwight Heath, Chairman of the Faculty Committe on Inauguration. The five-page, typed speech entitled "Inaugural Charge" by Assistant Dean, Harlan C. Koch, is also in this collection.
Scope and Contents This collection includes autographed family records; official documents; an autograph book and photographs from various sources in Indiana and the United States ranging from 1797-1939 regarding family history, and calligraphy and commercially printed material from G. Harvey Petty in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Scope and Contents This collection includes posters from artists in Indiana and elsewhere ranging from 1984-1992 regarding Arbor Day, history in Franklin, Indiana and trees.
- Subject: Franklin (Ind.) X
- Franklin College (Franklin, Ind.) 3
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 70th (1862-1865) 2
- American Red Cross 1
- Beard, John, 1842-1888 1
- Bown, Thomas M. 1
- Brigham, Harold F. (Harold Frederick), 1897-1971 1
- Bromwell, Mary Susan, 1842-1915 1
- Clark family 1
- Cook, George H. 1
- Cook, John 1
- Deere and Company 1
- Depue, Elba 1
- Dunnington, Georgia 1
- Earhart, Amelia, 1897-1937 1
- Elvin, Robert John, 1811-1901 1
- Gorby, S. S. (Sylvester Scott) 1
- Grand Army of the Republic (U.S.) 1
- Grand Army of the Republic. Geo. H. Chapman Post No. 209 (Indianapolis, Ind.) 1
- Hamilton, Robert 1
- Hardin, Max Carter, 1917-1982 1
- Harding, L. H. 1
- Harlow, Alvin F. (Alvin Fay) 1
- Herriott, John 1
- Indiana Civil War Centennial Commission 1
- Irvington Urban Forestry (Indianapolis, Ind.) 1
- Jeffersonville, Madison and Indianapolis Railroad 1
- Johnson, Bess Sellers 1
- Johnson, Mrs. William R. 1
- Kelly, James H., 1838- 1
- Koch, Harlan C. 1
- Madison and Indianapolis Railroad Company 1
- Marion Normal College and Business University (Marion, Ind.) 1
- Mayor, Harriet H. (Harriet Hyatt), 1868-1960 1
- McKinley, William 1
- Mitchell, Barton W. 1
- Niblack, William E. (William Ellis), 1822-1893 1
- Payne, Carl Forsythe 1
- Payne, Philander Winchester 1
- Payne, Roscoe Winchester 1
- Petersen, Garry, 1952-2016 1
- Petty family 1
- Petty, G. Harvey 1
- Richardson, Harold Wellington 1
- Rock Island Plow Company 1
- Sellers, Raymond H. (Raymond Harley), 1881-1936 1
- Southern Exposition (Louisville, Ky.) 1
- Stevens, Gideon 1
- Tharp, Christian H. 1
- Trivison, Ellamae Schlosser 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 11th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 18th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 39th (1861-1863) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 46th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 7th (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 8th (1861-1865) 1
- Vaught, John W. 1
- Woman’s Relief Corps (U.S.) 1
- Wright family 1
- Wright, Henry, 1850-1923 1 ∧ less