Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Contents This collection contains Brown’s personal and business correspondence, as well as documents of political appointments, indentures, checks, receipts, clippings, and compositions, programs and other ephemera from social and political activities such as membership to the Democratic Party and Masons organizations. The correspondence includes letters from his father, William J. Brown, his brother, George, and cousin, John Ferguson. Other correspondents include Thomas A. Hendricks, James Whitcomb,...
Collection — Folder: S2193
Scope and Contents This collection consists of photocopies of pages from Charles B. Modesitt's personal account book in Terre Haute, Indiana ranging from 1836 to 1837, concerning the pricing and quantities of dry goods, such as clothing and fabric, educational materials like English readers, spelling books, and dictionaries, and other products which he purchased and from whom.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The collection consists of papers relating to Bainbridge's career in the Indiana State Senate. Included are correspondence, legislation, reports, and other papers relating to issues before the Indiana Senate, including public employee' and teacher' retirement funds, the highway department, reapportionment, development of port facilities (1969), abortion, and education reform and school financing (1965-1971); papers relating to Lake County issues before the Senate, including airport...
Collection — Folder: S1290
Scope and Contents This collection comprises a transcription of an account book from Gibson Teas in Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana rainging from 1853 to 1856, regarding the activities and correspondence of his business of broom and wood tool manufacturing. The account book was transcribed by R. A. Stubbs of Long Lake, Minnesota.
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents This collection contains Hugh Hanna's 54-page manuscript entitled "The Fight for a True Monetary System." There is also a presentation folder imprinted: Chamber of Commerce of the State of New York, Hugh H. Hanna, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Indianapolis Monetary Convention, 1897-1900." There are several documents pretaining to the 142nd annual banquet of the New York Chamber of Commerce, which honored Hanna and several other public figures including John Bigelow, Whitelaw Reid,...
Collection — Folder: SP052
Scope and Contents This collection includes photographs from Allison Division and Marian College in Indianapolis, Indiana ranging from 1911 to 1973 regarding James Allison and his mansion, "Riverdale."
Collection — Folder: S0110
Scope and Contents This collection includes 21 photocopies of materials from Salem, Indianan. Included are papers dealing with Morgan's Raid, stock shares in various Salem businesses and schools, and receipts. Also included is a 9-page copy of coffin accounts, 1873-1880, of Washington County, Indiana, listing coffin sales to individuals.
Scope and Contents This collection includes correspondence from various people in Indiana and elsewhere; school papers and textbooks of Lucille Lipps Gaynor; religious memorabilia; family papers, a metal Indiana license plate from the Sesquicentennial in 1966; and advertisements from various Indianapolis businesses ranging from 1884-1979 regarding family matters, school life and work, life during various wars, Indiana and Indianapolis business advertising, religious art and organization life.
Collection — Folder: S2513
Scope and Contents This collection contains an undated poem entitled "Pride of Indiana" by Sidney S. Kramer, handwritten on Sidney's Uniform Co. stationary and two booklets, "The Hoosier 'Howdy Book': Service Men's Guide to Indianapolis" published by the Indiana Bell Telephone Company in 1940 and the February, 1944 issue of This Week in Indianapolis (Vol. 17, no. 4), a tourist guide for visitors to the city.
- Subject: Businesspeople -- Indiana X
- Indiana. General Assembly. Senate 2
- Allison Transmission 1
- Allison, James A. (James Asbury), 1872-1928 1
- Atlas Engine Works 1
- Bainbridge, Eugene, 1911-1972 1
- Berkey, Jonas B. 1
- Bright, Jesse D. (Jesse David) 1
- Brown family 1
- Brown, Austin H. 1
- Brown, George 1
- Brown, William J. (William John) 1
- Cleveland, Grover 1
- Conner, William, 1777-1855 1
- Cox, E. T. (Edward Travers) 1
- Davis, John Wesley, 1799-1859 1
- DePauw University 1
- Defrees, John D. (John Dougherty), 1810 or 1811-1882 1
- Democratic Party (Ind.) 1
- E. H. Bainbridge Supply Company 1
- Elliott, Byron K. (Byron Kosciusko) 1
- Ferguson, John 1
- Freemasons. Grand Lodge of Indiana 1
- Gaynor, Lucille Lipps, 1899-1984 1
- Gorman, Arthur P. (Arthur Pue) 1
- Gray, Isaac P. (Isaac Pusey) 1
- Hanna, Hugh Henry 1
- Hendricks, Thomas A. (Thomas Andrews), 1819-1885 1
- Indiana Bell Telephone Company 1
- Indiana. General Assembly. House of Representatives 1
- Indianapolis Monetary Committee 1
- Kramer, Sidney S. 1
- Lafayette and Indianapolis Railroad 1
- McDonald, Joseph E. (Joseph Ewing) 1
- Modesitt, Charles B. 1
- Oil Dealers, Inc. 1
- Parker, George F. (George Frederick) 1
- Russell, Alexander W. (Alexander Wilson) 1
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods Academy (Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Ind.) 1
- Teas, Gibson 1
- United States Naval Academy 1
- United States. Congress. House of Representatives 1
- United States. Horse Claims Division 1
- United States. Navy 1
- Vilas, William F. (William Freeman) 1
- Walker, Robert J. (Robert John) 1
- Watson, William Stuart 1
- Whitcomb, James, 1795-1852 1 ∧ less