Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection contains the records of the American Negro Emancipation Centennial Authority (ANECA). Included are newsletters, flyers, programs, press releases, church bulletins, and clippings relating to the Authority’s work and the Emancipation Proclamation Luncheon in Indianapolis, Indiana in December of 1962, and the Century of Negro Progress Exposition in Indianapolis during October, 1963. The clippings also contain articles on African American civil rights and related events. Also...
Collection — Folder: S2294
Scope and Contents This collection contains the Bicentennial Pledge scrolls that were signed by residents of the Calumet area at the Woodmar Shopping Center in Hammond, Indiana as part of the "Sign Up, America" program of 1976. The collection includes a copy of a July 16, 1976 letter sent by Governor Otis R. Bowen to the manager of Woodmar acknowledging the receipt of the scrolls, thanking her for the patriotic contribution, and noting that the scrolls would be donated to the Indiana State Library for...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection includes photographic prints and optical disks of compiled photographs and motion pictures from the Attica, Indiana Sesquicentennial Committee and city officials in Attica, Indiana ranging from 2015 to 2017, documenting the city's history from the 19th and 20th century and present-day Attica, using maps, photographs, and textual materials, in preparation for the historical display for the sesquicentennial celebration, as well as to be preserved for future generations. There are...
Collection — Folder: S2228
Scope and Contents This collection includes three "wooden nickel" certificates created to commemorate the Wabash County, Indiana Centennial (1935) and the Decatur, Indiana Centennial (1936). The collection also contains a facsimile of a five hundred dollar Confederate note memento from the Civil War Centennial Exhibit held at the L.S. Ayres & Company auditorium in Indianapolis from April 11 to April 22, 1961.
File — Folder: S3399
Scope and Contents This collection includes one invitation from the George Rogers Clark Memorial Commission in Vincennes, Indiana from 1929 to commemorate the one hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the surrender of Fort Sackville.
Scope and Contents This collection includes professional correspondence, speeches, notes, research, clippings, newsletters, meeting minutes, bibliographies, and other materials created and compiled by Harold F. Brigham in Louisville, Kentucky and Indianapolis, Indiana ranging from 1899 to 1967 regarding his work as a librarian in Kentucky and at the Indiana State Library. There are also a few materials relating to Merriwether Lewis and William Clark, which Brigham used in his talk at the Conversation Club in...
Collection — Folder: S3290
Scope and Contents The collection consists of materials created by the Haynes Automobile Company in July 1928 to promote and commemorate the 28th anniversary of “the first trip of America’s first mechanically successful automobile” and the dedication of an historical marker to Elwood Haynes. The trip being commemorated was taken on Pumpkinvine Pike near Kokomo, Indiana.
Collection — Folder: S2528
Scope and Contents This collection contains material collected by members of the Indiana American Revolution Bicentennial Commission (IARBC) ranging from 1970 to 1972 and includes Commission members correspondence; documents sent by the National Collection of Fine Arts, Smithsonian Institution, regarding its “Bicentennial Inventory of American Paintings Completed Prior to 1914” project; an advance subscription application form to purchase Indiana State Numismatic Association Bicentennial medals; a brochure and a...
Scope and Contents In 2015-2016, each county coordinator, public library, historical society and various clubs and organizations were asked to submit bicentennial records for inclusion to a bicentennial manuscript collection within the Rare Books and Manuscripts Division. Records submitted included correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, photographs, videos and other documentation highlighting programs, services and events occurring in their county ranging from 2013-2016. In 2016, students across...
Collection — Folder: S1562
Scope and Contents This collection includes a letter from W.M. Cockrum in Oakland City, Indiana to Indiana Governor Samuel M. Ralson on December 8, 1916 regarding thanking him for an invitation to celebrate the 100th birthday of Indiana statehood and to attend the meeting of the Indiana Historical Commission at the State House on December 11, 1916. There are also 11 colored stickers, which read: "You are most cordially invited to come to the Indiana Centennial Celebration at Indianapolis, October 2-15, 1916."
- Subject: Anniversaries X
- Indiana American Revolution Bicentennial Commission 2
- American Library Association 1
- American Negro Emancipation Centennial Authority 1
- Barker, William L. 1
- Blackledge, John W. 1
- Bowlus, Susan 1
- Brigham, Harold F. (Harold Frederick), 1897-1971 1
- Clark, George Rogers 1
- Clark, William 1
- Cockrum, William Monroe 1
- Coleman, Christopher B. 1
- Coleman, Christopher Bush 1
- Columbia Club (Indianapolis, Ind.) 1
- Community Chest of Indianapolis (Indiana) 1
- Constitution Day Committee 1
- George Rogers Clark National Historical Park (Vincennes, Ind.) 1
- George Rogers Clark Sesquicentennial Commission (Ind.) 1
- Hadley and Roberts Academy (Indianapolis, Ind.) 1
- Haynes Automobile Company 1
- Haynes, Elwood, 1857-1925 1
- Hepburn, William Murray 1
- Indiana Centennial Commission 1
- Indiana Historical Commission 1
- Indiana Library Association 1
- Indiana State Library 1
- Indiana State Medical Association 1
- Indiana. Militia. Indianapolis Light Infantry Company 1
- Indianapolis Literary Club 1
- Indianapolis Propylaeum 1
- Indianapolis Seminary 1
- Knights of Pythias 1
- Lewis, Meriwether 1
- May Festival (Indianapolis, Ind.) Chorus 1
- Prentiss family 1
- Ralston, Samuel M. (Samuel Moffett), 1857-1925 1
- Ransom, Willard B. 1
- Russian War Relief, Inc 1
- Southwestern Indiana Historical Society (Evansville, Ind.) 1
- Stahr, Elvis J. (Elvis Jacob) 1
- United States. President (1861-1865 : Lincoln). Emancipation Proclamation 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University Club of Indianapolis 1
- Western Electric Company 1
- Young Ladies' Guild of Christ Church (Indianapolis, Ind.) 1 ∧ less