Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection — Folder: S3245
Scope and Contents This collection contains papers that relate to Albert Allen's service in the 55th and 133rd regiments of the Indiana Volunteer Infantry Regiment during the U.S. Civil War ranging from 1864 to 1913, including a discharge certificate (1864), a handwritten testimony of Allen's discharge, and three pension documents from 1912 to 1913. There are also two unidentified portrait photographs.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The collection consists primarily of Hawley family and professional correspondence. Included is correspondence with his family in Bridgeport, Connecticut while elder Ransom was a student at Auburn Seminary (1825-1828), as well as correspondence of Hawley and his wife in Indiana with their families in Bridgeport (1828-ca. 1880), and letters to his sons Henry and Ransom and daughter Lucy Ing. The collection also contains letters to Hawley from Presbyterian ministers and other church people in...
Collection — Folder: S3299
Scope and Contents This collection contains Joseph K. Cooper's discharge papers from the 133rd Indiana Volunteers dated 1864/09/05 and from the 43rd Indiaan Volunteers dated 1865/06/14.
Collection — Folder: S0861
Scope and Contents This collection contains a typewritten copy of Joshua Lewis's reminiscences that he wrote in February of 1905. The manuscript was dedicated to James Madison Lewis and the copy was made September 11, 1952 for Harold Lewis. In the manuscript, Lewis relates biographical information and his experiences serving with Company H, 20th Indiana Infantry during the U.S. Civil War. Some of the battles he describes include his eyewitness account of the March 8-9, 1862 Battle of Hampton Roads, also know as...
- Names: United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 133rd (1864) X
- Indiana -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Military discharge 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Military life 2
- Connecticut 1
- Crawfordsville (Ind.) 1
- Family history 1
- Indiana -- Presbyterian churches 1
- Missionaries -- China -- 19th century 1
- Missionaries -- Japan -- 19th century 1
- Personal narratives 1
- Photographs 1
- Reminiscing 1
- Soldiers 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans -- Pensions 1
- Universities and colleges -- Indiana 1 ∧ less