Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 29
Scope and Contents The collection consists largely of Beveridge’s correspondence with John C. Shaffer, publisher of the Chicago Evening Post and the Indianapolis Star and president of a syndicate owning the Indianapolis street railways. Included are letters from Beveridge as Shaffer’s lawyer handling the dissolution of the Indianapolis street railways syndicate (1893) and letters on personal and political matters (1897-1914). The collection also includes Beveridge’s manuscript for his Senate speech on the...
Collection — Folder: S483
Scope and Contents This collection includes photocopies of autographed documents from 1832-1852 regarding churches; photocopies of autographed, typed and mimeographed legal documents in Indiana and Washington, D.C. ranging from 1832-1842 regarding military pension and will; and a photocopied autographed, signed letter from William Foster in 1839 regarding family business.
Scope and Contents This collection includes autographed, signed letters; tax receipts and legal documents; an account book including newspaper clippings; and a death notice from Ketcham family members and local government officials in Indiana, Ohio, and Tennessee ranging from 1818 to 1896 regarding family matters, taxes, business matters and miscellaneous.
File — Folder: S662
Scope and Contents This collection includes a photocopied, legal document from Ray Hinsley on 1839/08/01 regarding a land purchase.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection includes autographed, signed letters and other documents, including legal transactions, from various members of the Carson family in Indiana, Ohio, Iowa and Virginia ranging from 1825 to 1915, with some undated regarding family matters, Quaker meetings, and legal transactions.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection includes an original, autographed, signed letter from Charles R. Brown in Indiana in January 1963 regarding the seal of the secretary of state of Indiana and photocopies of autographed, signed legal documents and letters from people in Washington, D.C., Montezuma, Indiana and elsewhere ranging from 1847 to 1862 regarding legal matters and life in the army during the Civil War.
Scope and Contents The collection consists principally of contemporary copies of Stephenson’s prison correspondence, made for Indiana State Prison Warden Walter Daly (1925-1933). Included is Stephenson’s correspondence with his attorneys, supporters, and family regarding his attempts to gain release, prison conditions, Ku Klux Klan, Indiana politics, and personal business. Also part of the collection are letters to Warden Daly regarding Stephenson, letters to and from Stephenson that were retained by prison...
Collection — Folder: S878
Scope and Contents The collection consists of four letters (1817-1820) and one personal account book (1824-1831) that belonged to Daniel McDaniel. The letters relate to a couple legal incidents, including ferry accident and an issue of a distress warrent, that occurred in New Albany, Indiana.
Collection — Folder: S1382
Scope and Contents This collection includes notes, letters, receipts, and political statements from 1904-1906 which belonged to George S. Parker, the Clerk of the Madison County Circuit Court in Anderson, Indiana. His name is first on a long list of Republican men who support Morey M. Dunlap in the primary election in 1904. Some letters refer to appeals or other legal matters. A $5.00 receipt in 1906 shows that Mr. Parker was a member of The Columbia Club in Indianapolis. He owned shares in The Hoosier Boy Gold...
Collection — Folder: S194
Scope and Contents This collection includes autographed, signed documents from many authors in Knox County, Indiana ranging from 1774-1837 regarding retail bills and land and legal transactions.
- Subject: Legal correspondence X
- American Fur Company 1
- Aston, Richard 1
- Beveridge, Albert J. (Albert Jeremiah), 1862-1927 1
- Bieler, Jacob L., 1839-1913 1
- Bown, Thomas M. 1
- Burgess, John Kline, 1874-1929 1
- Carson family 1
- Carter, William 1
- Cook, George H. 1
- Cook, John 1
- Crawford, Florence P. 1
- Devin, David A., 1839-1872 1
- Dumont, Julia L. (Julia Louisa), 1794-1857 1
- Eggleston, Edward, 1837-1902 1
- Embree family 1
- Embree, David, 1838-1877 1
- Embree, Elisha, 1801-1863 1
- Embree, James T., 1826-1867 1
- Embree, Louise, 1887-1972 1
- Embree, Lucius C., 1853-1932 1
- Ewing, William Griffith 1
- Farver, Isaac 1
- Floyd, Davis 1
- Foster, Alexander 1
- Foster, William 1
- Grigsby, Nimrod 1
- Grigsby, William 1
- Herriott, John 1
- Holman family 1
- Holman, George, 1762-1859 1
- Houston, Henry 1
- Houston, Levi 1
- Howe, Daniel Wait, 1839-1920 1
- Howe, Willis P., 1866-1890 1
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Women Friends 1
- Jones, James A. 1
- Ketcham family 1
- Ketcham, Allan, 1879- 1
- Ketcham, Jacob, 1810- 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915-) 1
- LaCroix, Marcelle D., 1824-1876 1
- McDonald, Daniel 1
- McLean, John 1
- Menger, Jean 1
- Meyer, James H. 1
- Moody, Burgess S. 1
- Niblack, William E. (William Ellis), 1822-1893 1
- Ohio, Indiana and Illinois Telegraph Company 1
- Parker, George S. 1
- Pennsylvania State University 1
- Porter family 1
- Porter, Adam, 1805-1885 1
- Progressive National Baptist Convention 1
- Robb, David, 1771-1844 1
- Russell and Company 1
- Russell, Carl P. 1
- Shaffer, John C. (John Charles), 1853-1943 1
- Smith, Oliver H. (Oliver Hampton), 1794-1859 1
- Stephenson, David Curtis (1891-1966) 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 42nd (1861-1865). Company E 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 58th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. 1
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board 1
- Wayne, Anthony, 1745-1796 1 ∧ less