American Negro Emancipation Centennial Authority, Indiana Division photographs
Scope and Contents
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
ANECA held the "A Century of Negro Progress" Exposition in Chicago during August 16-September 3, 1963, where the Indiana Division had an exhibit. In Indianapolis, the Indiana Division of ANECA and the Indiana Emancipation Cemtennial Commission, created by the Indiana General Assembly, held its own Hoosier-centric Century of Progress Exposition in the Manufacturers' Building at the Indiana State Fairgrounds during October 25-27, 1963. According to the state chairman, Willard B. Ranson, the exposition would "reflect the advancement of the Negro in the past century and aspirations of the future." The event included religioius and educational programs, entertainment, and displays.
Items in the collection.
"Centennial Group to Hear Stahr." Indianapolis Star, December 16, 1962, 13. Accessed November 24, 2021. ProQuest.
"Emancipation Exposition Set For Oct. 25-27." Indianapolis Star, September 18, 1963, 12. Accessed November 24, 2021. ProQuest.
"Thailand Gets Stylish Salute." Indianapolis Star, January 14, 1963, 11. Accessed November 24, 2021. ProQuest.
"Thumnail Sketch of Program and Progress of American Negro Emancipation Centennial Authority (ANECA), Indiana Division." Delaware County Human Relations Council Records (MSS 109), Ball State University, Muncie, IN. Accessed July 28, 2015. http://www.bsu.edu/libraries/archives/findingaids/MSS109.pdf.
0.01 Cubic Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
- African Americans -- History
- American Negro Emancipation Centennial Authority
- American Negro Emancipation Centennial Authority. Indiana Division
- Centennial celebrations, etc
- Emancipation Proclamation
- Flanner House (Indianapolis, Ind.)
- Indiana -- Centennial celebrations, etc.
- Losche, Albert H., 1891-1966
- Slaves -- Emancipation -- United States
- Welsh, Matthew E. (Matthew Empson)
- American Negro Emancipation Centennial Authority photographs
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description