Indiana State Conference on Social Work annual meetings photographs
Scope and Contents
- circa 1936-1944
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Emma C. Puschner, the national director of the child welfare department of the American Legion, served as president of the conference from 1937 to 1938. She succeeded Joseph A. Andreww of Lafayette, Indiana and was followed by Murray A. Auerbach, secretary of the Indiana Tuberculosis Association. Dr. Francis M. Vreeland, a sociology professor from DePauw University, was a member of the organization and served in its leadership.
According the Robert Yoho, president of the Indiana State Conference on Social Work in 1948, "The Indiana State Conference on Social Work is the medium through which all groups and individuals are provided the opportunity to discuss mutual prolems and interests and explore possible co-ordinated solutions... it is the only orgnization today which brings together the layman and the professional specialist, the theorist and the practical expert, the worker from the private agency and the public welfare employee."
Items in the collection.
"Murray Auerbach Named President of Indiana Social Work Conference." Indianapolis Star, November 4, 1939, 14.
"Social Workers Turn 'Spot' on Problems, Convene Today." Indianapolis Star, October 1, 1937, 1.
"Social Workers Warned on Duplication." Indianapolis Star, October 30, 1941, 2.
"States' Rights to Be Preserved." Indianapolis Star, November 30, 1936, 2.
0.01 Cubic Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
- Congresses and conventions
- Congresses and conventions -- Indiana
- Governors -- Indiana
- Indiana State Conference on Social Work
- Indianapolis (Ind.)
- James, Arthur W.
- Johnston, Margaret Afflis, 1907-1967
- Politicians -- Indiana
- Prison administration
- Puschner, Emma C., 1889-1964
- Schricker, Henry F. (Henry Fredrick)
- Social security -- United States
- Social work -- United States
- Social workers
- Vreeland, Francis M. (Francis McLennon), 1900-1943
- Indiana State Conference on Social Work annual meetings photographs
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description