Newburgh Locks and Dam groundbreaking photographs
Scope and Contents
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
"Newburgh Locks and Dam was authorized as a replacement for existing Locks and Dams 46 and 47 on April 24, 1962, by Secretary of the Army under authority of Section 6 of the Rivers and Harbors Act approved March 3, 1909.
"Newburgh Locks’ construction began in June 1966. The locks were placed in operation in December 1969. Dam construction began in June 1970, and was completed in 1975. The most significant change was an addition of a Centralized Control Station on top of the Operations Building in 1980. Lock operators perform a major portion of the lock and dam operations from the Central Control Station."
Excerpt from: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. "Newburgh Locks and Dam." US Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District. Accessed November 10, 2021. https://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Missions/Civil-Works/Navigation/Locks-and-Dams/Newburgh-Locks-and-Dam.
0.01 Cubic Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
- Newburgh Locks and Dam groundbreaking photographs
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description