Broad Ripple, Wellington Union Church collection
Scope and Contents
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
The towns of Broad Ripple and Wellington north of Indianapolis, merged in 1884 and continued on as Broad Ripple until the town was annexed to Indianapolis in 1922.
The land where the Wellington Union Church stood was transferred to the town of Broad Ripple to be used for a town hall and park space. All money from the sale of the old church building and furniture went to the Broad Ripple Methodist Episcopal Church.
Items in the collection.
Mattson, Donald E. "One Hundred Fifty Years in Broad Ripple: Celebrating Methodism's Outpost for Preaching the Gospel in Broad Ripple, 1852-2002." Broad Ripple United Methodist Church. 2002. Accessed November 19, 2018.https://www.broadrippleumc.org/images/documents/Broad_Ripple_United_Methodist_Church_History_1852-2002.pdf.
The Polis Center. "Broad Ripple." The Polis Center, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis. Accessed November 19, 2018. http://www.polis.iupui.edu/RUC/Neighborhoods/BroadRipple/BRNarrative.htm.
0.01 Cubic Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
- Broad Ripple, Wellington Union Church collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script