Luella Cotton collection
Scope and Contents
The collection includes Cotton's correspondence with Indiana state politicians Larry Conrad, S. Hugh Dillin, Marie Lauck, Jack H. Mankin, Albert A. Steinwedel, and Matthew Welsh. She corresponded with Indiana's members of Congress Birch Bayh, Jr., John Brademas, Vance Hartke, and Andrew Jacobs, Jr. and with other Democratic leaders including Hubert H. Humphrey, John F. Kennedy, and Lyndon B. Johnson. Other letters of note received by Cotton are from Pauline Gore, wife of Albert Gore Sr., William H. Hays Jr., and Lester Hunt of the Indianapolis Star newspaper.
- Cotton, Luella (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Drill, Herb, and Bill Price. "Louella G. Cotton, Active in Politics." Philly.com. Last modified November 10, 1994. Accessed September 10, 2015. http://articles.philly.com/1994-11-10/news/25867904_1_lansdowne-polio-patients-nursing.
"Luella Cotton." Crawfordsville Journal Review, November 4, 1994, 2A.
"Welsh Bestows 'Sagamore' Title on Louella Cotton." Crawfordsville Journal Review December 17, 1964, 1.
0.6 Cubic Feet (2 manuscript boxes)
Language of Materials
- Bayh, Birch Evans, 1928-2019
- Brademas, John
- Campaign literature
- Conrad, Larry Allyn
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.)
- Democratic Party (Ind.)
- Democratic Party (Ind.) State Convention
- Dillin, S. Hugh (Samuel Hugh)
- Gore, Pauline La Fon
- Hartke, Vance, 1919-2003
- Hays, Will H. (Will Harrison), 1915-
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio)
- Hunt, Lester M.
- Indiana -- Politics and government
- Indiana -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Indiana. General Assembly. Senate
- Invitation cards
- Jacobs, Andrew, Jr., 1932-2013
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines)
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
- Lauck, Marie Theresa
- Mankin, Jack H.
- Montgomery County (Ind.)
- Newspaper articles
- Politicians -- United States -- 20th century
- Politics and government
- Presidents -- Election
- Steinwedel, Albert A.
- Welsh, Matthew E. (Matthew Empson)
- Luella Cotton collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description