Scope and Contents
This collection consists of items printed and distributed by the Greentree Country Club in Hamilton County, Indiana from 1967 to 1976, including flyers regarding golf tournaments and social events, notices about club house rules and policy changes, and other circulars that relayed information regarding the club and its members. The bulk of the collection consists of issues of the club’s newsletter, The Greentree Bugler.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library, Indianapolis, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Rare Books and Manuscripts.
The Greentree Country Club was first developed by George E. Weidlich on his 340-acre farm located on West 96th Street northwest of Indianapolis in Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana. Plans initially called for 160 homes to be constructed around an 18-hole championship golf course. The club went bankrupt, and the golf course was sold to investors in 1963. Along with golf, the country club later offered a swimming pool, dances, parties, and other social activities for its members. A newsletter, The Greentree Bugler was also published by the club. In 1976, the property was sold to the Indianapolis Elks Lodge No. 13. In 1985, the Elks Greentree Country Club was sold to a group of investors and was renamed the Twin Lakes Golf Club.
"Elks sell Greentree." Indianapolis Star (Ind.), June 1, 1985. https://www.newspapers.com.
"Greentree Club Sold to Upstate Men." Indianapolis News (Ind.), August 23, 1963. https://www.newspapers.com.
"New Elks Club." Indianapolis Star (Ind.), June 8, 1976. https://www.newspapers.com.
Roche, Al. "Greentree Country Club to Offer Nighttime Golf." Indianapolis Star (Ind.), July 9, 1959. https://www.newspapers.com.
Twin Lakes Golf Club. "Welcome to Twin Lakes Golf Club." Accessed June 2, 2021. https://www.twinlakesgolfclub.com.
0.01 Cubic Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials