Skip to main content

Mishawaka Woman's Club collection

 Collection — Folder: S1611
Identifier: S1611

Scope and Contents

This collection includes the two-page history of the Mishawaka Woman's Club written by the current president, Mrs. Clarence E. McCollum on September 14, 1917, and pages 81-84 taken from a small published book. The printed pages, with the date of April 4, 1911, comprise the organization's five articles of incorporation and a partial list of members. Mrs. McCollum gave some of the activities of the club, such as encouraging better lawns and gardens, protection of birds, and securing other benefits to the city.

Dates

  • 1911-1917

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library, Indianapolis, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Rare Books and Manuscripts.

Administrative History

The Mishawaka Woman's Club was organized March 11, 1911, with 200 members. The club was the outgrowth of the Gillespie-Kimball Chautauqua Circle, which had a limited membership. They met in various locations. Mrs. Clarence E. McCollum, President in 1917, reported 225 members.

Extent

0.01 Cubic Feet (1 folder)

Arrangement

This collection is arranged chronologically.

Custodial History

This collection was received by Rare Books and Manuscripts as a records transfer from the Reference Division of the Indiana State Library on 1954/08/18.

Accruals

No further additions are expected.

Processing Information

Collection processing completed 2016/05/26 by Nikki Stoddard Schofield. EAD finding aid created 2016/05/26 by Nikki Stoddard Schofield. EAD finding aid revised 2016/06/20 by Brittany Kropf.
Title
Mishawaka Women's Club collection
Status
Completed
Description rules
dacs

Repository Details

Part of the Rare Books and Manuscripts Repository

Contact:
140 North Senate Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204 U.S.A.
317-232-3671