Skip to main content

Indiana Federation of Clubs, 7th District history reports

 Collection — Folder: S1567
Identifier: S1567

Scope and Contents

This collection contains 4 typed reports by Mrs. Charles L. Stubbs, ranging from 1926 to 1927, for the Seventh District of the Indiana Federation of Clubs, regarding the Women's Clubs Radio Hour, speakers bureau, "Cooperation for the Blind," the poetry contest, the Book of Press Clippings, prizes and honorable mentions, citizenship training, and other activities of the 101 women's clubs affiliated with the organization.

Dates

  • 1926-1927

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Legal title, copyright, and literary rights reside with Rare Books and Manuscripts, Indiana State Library, Indianapolis, IN. All requests to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to Rare Books and Manuscripts.

Administrative History

The Seventh District Federation of Clubs had 101 affiliated organizations. Eleven clubs were more than 30 years old. The Seventh District was organized on May 25, 1909, at the Downey Avenue Church in Irvington. Historian Mrs. Charles L, Stubbs reported her interest in preserving the home of poetess Sarah T. Bolton in Irvington.

Extent

0.01 Cubic Feet (1 folder)

Arrangement

This collection is arranged chronologically.

Custodial History

This collection was received by Rare Books and Manuscripts as a donation.

Accruals

No further additions are expected.

Processing Information

Collection processing completed 2018/09/06 by Nikki Stoddard Schofield. EAD finding aid created 2018/09/06 by Nikki Stoddard Schofield.
Title
Indiana Federation of Clubs, 7th District history reports
Status
Completed
Description rules
dacs

Repository Details

Part of the Rare Books and Manuscripts Repository

Contact:
140 North Senate Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204 U.S.A.
317-232-3671