General William Harrison Kemper papers
Scope and Contents
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Dr. Kemper married Harriet Kemper (1844-1914) on August 15, 1865 and they had three children: Georgette (1867-1952), Arthur (1870-1957), and William (1877-1957). He was a member of the Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.) and the Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States. Kemper authored many articles and books on medical topics, including the title, A Medical History of Indiana. He died on September 26, 1927.
"Dr. General W. H. Kemper is Dead at 87." Muncie Evening Press. September 26, 1927.
FindaGrave.com. "Dr. General William Harrison Kemper." Find a Grave Index. Accessed 2015/12/17. http://www.findagrave.com.
"Physician for Fifty Years." Greensburg Standard (IN). Accessed December 18, 2015. http://www.newspaperarchive.com.
0.02 Cubic Feet (2 folders)
Language of Materials
- Decatur County (Ind.)
- Grand Army of the Republic (U.S.)
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell
- Indiana -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Indiana -- Politics and government -- 19th century
- Medical care
- Military appointments
- Military discharge
- Military veterans
- Muncie (Ind.)
- Newspaper articles
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Military life
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865)
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment. 7th (1861-1864)
- World War, 1914-1918
- General William Harrison Kemper papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script