Horan family papers
Scope and Contents
- Horan, Mariah T. (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Hiram Berst was born on January 21, 1831 in Pennsylvania. He married Mariah T. Horan (1836-1914), Michael E. Horan's daughter, on March 9, 1857 and they had two children. Hiram was a 2nd Lieutenant in Company K, Sixth Regiment Iowa Volunteer Cavalry during the Civil War. He died on May 4, 1887 in Warsaw, Indiana.
Sources: Information found within collection.
Ancestry.com. "Hiram Berst." 1860 United States Federal Census. Accessed November 2, 2015. http://search.ancestrylibrary.com.
Ancestry.com. "Mariah T. Horan." Indiana Marriage Index, 1800-1941. Accessed November 2, 2015. http://search.ancestrylibrary.com.
"Death of Mrs. Horan." The Warsaw Daily Times. November 4, 1887.
FindaGrave.com. "Liet. Hiram Berst." Find a Grave Index. Accessed November 2, 2015. http://www.findagrave.com/.
"Hiram F. Berst Died in Warsaw." The Goshen Democrat,, May 11, 1887.
0.03 Cubic Feet (2 folders, 1 oversize folder)
- Grand Army of the Republic (U.S.)
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows
- Kosciusko County (Ind.)
- Military veterans
- Naturalization -- United States
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) -- United States -- Indiana
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Military life
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans -- Pensions
- United States. Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 6th (1863-1865)
- Horan family papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script