Abram W. Hendricks papers
Scope and Contents
There is also an oversize folder containing a policy and indenture, 1831-1834 (OBC069).
Correspondents include Conrad Baker, William M. Dunn, Walter Q. Gresham, Winslow S. Pierce, Albert Gallatin Porter, and Heinrich Schliemann. Most only have one letter in the collection. The collection is organized chronologically
- Hendricks, Abram W., 1822-1887 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
His son, Allan Hendricks, was born on September 24, 1864, in Madison, Indiana. Allan Hendricks also practiced law in Indianapolis and was a very active community member, serving on a number of boards. He died on January 4, 1949.
Pictorial and Biographical Memoirs of Indianapolis and Marion County, Indiana. Chicago: Goodspeed Brothers, Publishers, 1893.
Shepherd, Rebecca A., Charles W. Calhoun, Elizabeth Shanahan-Shoemaker, and Alan F. January, comp. A Biographical Directory of the Indiana General Assembly, vol. 1, 1816-1899. Indianapolis: The Select Committee on the Centennial History of the Indiana General Assembly, 1980.
0.08 Cubic Feet (2 folders, 1 oversize folder)
Language of Materials
- Hendricks, Allan, 1864-1949
- Hendricks, Hord, and Hendricks (Indianapolis, Ind.)
- Indianapolis Committee of Safety
- Indianapolis Insurance Company
- Lawyers -- Indiana
- Legislators -- Indiana
- Politicians -- Indiana
- Portfolio Club (Ind.)
- Schliemann, Heinrich, 1822-1890
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Abram W. Hendricks papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description