Abram W. Hendricks papers
Scope and Contents
Correspondents include Conrad Baker, William M. Dunn, Walter Q. Gresham, Winslow S. Pierce, Albert Gallatin Porter, and Heinrich Schliemann. Most only have one letter in the collection. The collection is organized chronologically
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
His son, Allan Hendricks, was born on September 24, 1864, in Madison, Indiana. He practiced law in Indianapolis and was a very active community member, serving on a number of boards. He died on January 4, 1949.
Pictorial and Biographical Memoirs of Indianapolis and Marion County, Indiana. Chicago: Goodspeed Brothers, Publishers, 1893.
Shepherd, Rebecca A., Charles W. Calhoun, Elizabeth Shanahan-Shoemaker, and Alan F. January, comp. A Biographical Directory of the Indiana General Assembly, Vol. 1, 1816-1899. Indianapolis: The Select Committee on the Centennial History of the Indiana General Assembly, 1980.
0.03 Cubic Feet (2 folders, 1 oversized folder)
- Hendricks, Abram W., 1822-1887
- Hendricks, Allan, 1864-1949
- Hendricks, Hord, and Hendricks (Indianapolis, Ind.)
- Indiana. General Assembly. House of Representatives
- Indianapolis Committee of Safety
- Indianapolis Insurance Company
- Lawyers -- Indiana
- Legislators -- Indiana
- Portfolio Club (Ind.)
- Schliemann, Heinrich, 1822-1890
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Abram W. Hendricks papers
- Description rules