Frank Ellis papers
Scope and Contents
Correspondents include John A. M. Adair, John Gillett, James P. Goodrich, Isaac H. Gray, Nathan P. Hawkins, James A. Hemenway, and General Washington Harrison Kemper.
- 1843-1910, bulk 1906-1910
- Ellis, Frank, 1842-1919 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Ellis served as the Mayor of Muncie from 1883 to 1891, U.S. Postmaster in Muncie from 1891 to 1894, and as U.S. Commissioner from 1898-1910. He was then elected Judge of the 46th judicial circuit, a position he held until November 17, 1916. He returned to private practice after leaving the bench. He died on July 12, 1918.
Ancestry.com. Accessed April 7, 2006. http://www.ancestrylibrary.com.
Monks, Leander J. Courts and Lawyers of Indiana, Volume III. Indianapolis: Federal Publishing Co., 1916.
Proceedings of the Twenty-Third Annual Meeting of the Indiana State Bar Association Held at Indianapolis Indiana. Indianapolis, Indiana, July 9-10, 1919. Indianapolis: Harrington & Folger, 1919.
0.05 Cubic Feet (5 folders)
Language of Materials
- College students
- Indiana -- Politics and government
- Indiana -- Societies and clubs
- Muncie (Ind.)
- Political parties -- Indiana
- Practice of law -- Indiana
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- )
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans
- United States. Army of the Cumberland
- Universities and colleges -- Indiana
- University of Chicago
- Veterans -- Societies, etc.
- Frank Ellis papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script